Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Got the call my new XT 1000 Shipped Thursday so im Hoping it will be here next Tues Or Wed.. I believe me I love my RZR best out of all the machines I have owned so Ill let you know what I think about it .. I bought it to build parts on ..

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Let me know, My wife Is wanting a secong ride and although I will keep my RZR, My wife is really big into towing and using it on the ranch kinda stuff (we own horses). Right now the CAN-Am Commander 1000, is at the top of her list... We go back and forth all day about it... But if I dont watch my p's and q's I wont be getting anything.....and I'm not just talking about upgrade's!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I finally got to my can am dealer and got to see the commander for the first time yesterday. My Impressions are that it looked very well built. The frame looked like it was constructed very nicely and the plastics and finish of all the parts were very clean fitting. My next thought was how HUGE it is. It's like a small jeep. The cockpit is quite comfortable but it felt quite cramped. I really felt like I was sitting on the outside of the vehicle. My rzr S is about 65 " wide with my offset wheels and i felt like I would be able to manuever the rzr through the tight trails alot easier than the commander because of how narrow the body is on the rzr. That being said, if I dont start having better luck with my rzr in the next year I think a commander will be my next sxs and I am interested in seeing what the aftermarket can do with them.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Sure first you come home late saying you had to work late,than the late nite phone calls,than I come home one day and catch you and Mr.commander in bed togther, well I just got a divorce lawyer and youll never see my rzr ass again or our little 170's .but youll be paying for their support untill they grow up to be 800/s ,maybe even le's or s's if they study hard and go to collage... Seriousley let us now what you think of 'em

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Sure first you come home late saying you had to work late,than the late nite phone calls,than I come home one day and catch you and Mr.commander in bed togther, well I just got a divorce lawyer and youll never see my rzr ass again or our little 170's .but youll be paying for their support untill they grow up to be 800/s ,maybe even le's or s's if they study hard and go to collage... Seriousley let us now what you think of 'em
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm not sure if that was directed at me, ( it's funny as hell either way). But seriously, I love my rzr and think it's the most bad ass thing on four wheels and I sure hope that after they put the new motor in it, it can go for a few rides without breaking something. 7000 dollars worth of warranty work in 5 months makes me wonder a bit. If my rzr becomes reliable there is no way I will ever trade it in for "MR Commander" or in my case "Ms. Commander" Not sure if I would ever trade it in anyway because of the size.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Wow Johnny... Thats nice, Its a spittin' Image of the one my wife and I test rode! Once the aftermarket stuff starts flowing in to fix up the shortcommings, I think it will be a great ride.. Im not a brand partail guy ( I Know I'm gonna get called on that because of my Dewalt section), but I like competition, I'm glad my wife decided on the 6x6 Polaris Ranger for ranch work..The added weight for towing and bed size/bedbox was a real deal maker.. Have you noticed how hard it is to turn below 15mph and when stopped compared to Polaris sxs's...any opinions as to why?? That was the sole reason for the sale getting dumped (and a jerk of a saleman).. Im sure I could add aftermarket Power Steering but supposedly thats going to be offered in next years model standard..That should tell you something right there...

Congradulations, Even though this is a RAZR Forum, It doesnt matter to me... Good luck and enjoy it.. Also, if you think that it has a future other than farm/ranch work ie... racing, Baja, Sand railing ect.. let us know... We havnt bought the 6x6 yet.. and the Commander is still so young.. I just want an UN-BIASED opinion.. and to get that on any forum is difficult.. Last I checked Consumer reports hasnt got any SXS's in their future plans for testing??

·
MX Kid
2,783 Posts
what are those diamonds inside the grab handles? haven't seen them in any publicity photos....
They are plastic to cover up that area so that people do not use it as a grab handle. All of the pre production commanders didn't have the plastic there. The actually bar is there for strength in the roll cage so it could be ROPS certified

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man just got back from a little 10 mile break in ride .. and I really like it .. pulls hard no matter if your going 10 mph or 55 mph .. steering feels alittle tight but I like it tight ,.... so for first ride I like it alot better then a thought I would ...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is it just me or does the trac width look way out of per portion for the body size? :confused:

Kind of like a fullsize truck with narrow trac CJ axles.

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes it does but im thinking with some utvinc 2" wheel spacers it will look nice

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so heres the deal I just ate dinner and could not help myself but to go for another ride the headlights hi and lo beams kick ass ... as for the rest of the machine .. I just blown away with the power and the ride for a stock machine its the best bar none utv I have ever driven

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you know the rzr seats are lower ... but the power is unreal all the time 55 mph in the dirt floor it and tires break loose ... the commander is just comfortable ... and did I mention the power rocks .... you dont have to tell me I loved the rzr the best yesterday I just bought myself a 2011 and fixed it up and sent it off with trey from mcx for a turbo ... so ya I love the rzr but now im not sure

1 - 20 of 41 Posts