Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
KB: Drop Angie an E-Mail tornracing @sbcglobal.net, I'm sure she will get you an answer to your question.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Received email from Angie. You must have a disconnect switch from the positive battery terminal, easy to reach for driver and official

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i bought one from Autozone for about $15, It was super easy to install. Mounted it in the dash plastic to the left of the steering wheel, easy for anyone to reach, has a big red key that locks in the on position and removes when in the off position, so it will act as a theft prevention device when off.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I would bet that as long as you have one they will be ok with it. Don't know that for sure but it doesnt specify an Exact location for it, just that it is within reach for both.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
masterswitch2.JPG
I ran 4ga battery cable through the area under the door on the drivers side, up the frame to the switch. and zip tied it all to the frame , at the battery just took off the existing cable to the junction mounted right behind the battery, hooked one of my new cables to the battery and one to the junction where the original cable went. If anyone is coming to the first race, let me know, I will bring the cable and ends and the tool to crimp them on, go ahead and get a cutoff switch from an auto parts store and mount it, we can make the cables in just a couple of minutes and you can install them there at the races, I plan on getting there on Saturday morning. If you want to do this,let me know, I probably have enough cable to do 3 or so RZRS, and enough ends for 5 or 6. Also if you want to get your own cable I should have enough crimp on ends, and the tool to properly crimp them on. (my ends are for 4gauge cable)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts