Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there could be a Cross country type event put on around this area, something that stock UTV's could survive and compete in, through the woods, fire roads etc, maybe somewhere like Bulcher, lay out a course and run a race like the atv's do. I dont know if TCCRA, or TORN would ever try something like that but with all of the older bike riders now riding utv's it seems like a perfect fit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I race cross country on a quad in the series Torn TORN RACING . Curtis the owner was talking about racing the utv's next year. If so my wife might race her rzr S.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TORN Racing
Yes, we are acutally discussing the option of UTV's for next year. We should have more info on it coming soon.

( This was taken from TORN facebook page ) I think it would be great to have a UTV cross country series in Texas, and I have always heard nothing but good about TORN) I will be keeping my fingers crossed

·
Registered
276 Posts
I know it would be a haul for you guys out in TX but check out the UTVRR. Next season it will be held around Birmingham Al. 12 mile laps give or take 4 hour race 2hours daytime 2 hours night racing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When South Texas ATV Racing series used to be around they had a UTV class in cross country and it was a freaking blast. Motocross with GCQRA and TQRA was awesome also, but it was hard on rzrs launching them 6-8ft in the air over tables on stock suspension. I loved the cross country series, the had races all over Texas. I would love to get into racing again in a stock class.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im right there with ya, a stock class would be great. Also couldnt get the youtube link to work, repost it if you can.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure what's wrong with the link, I posted from my iPad and checked it from my phone. You can look it up by searching UTV racing Rd 6 STX-ATV

·
Registered
54 Posts
Texasedr.com if you want to know about the UTV racing. Texana ranch is a popular place for rzr racing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself, but TORN Off Road Racing looks to be adding a class for Side by Sides to the race series for next season. I don't know any particulars about rules or schedules but check them out on Facebook "TORN Racing" and there is talk about the side by sides.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself, but TORN Off Road Racing looks to be adding a class for Side by Sides to the race series for next season. I don't know any particulars about rules or schedules but check them out on Facebook "TORN Racing" and there is talk about the side by sides.
Awesome.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Copied from the TORN RACING facebook page

"TORN Racing Yes, we will have 2 classes for sxs? Rules and classes for it will be coming soon".

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here ya go , TORN RACING is having 8 UTV races this season,starting in February, looks like most of the races are within 100 miles of the DFW metroplex, They will have a limited class and a unlimited class, You can find most of the info at the facebook page (TORN RACING) or the website is TORN RACING. Here is a copy of the rules they posted.

UTV Rules

All Torn rules apply to the UTV’s.

SAFETY:
... Doors or nets over both side openings.
4 point seat belt harness (both driver and passenger)
Fire Extinguisher
Helmet
Long sleeves and Long pants (no shorts or t shirts)
Protective Eyewear
Battery kill switch easy reach for driver & official

CLASSES:
Limited – Stock UTV with the only changes being:
>Exhaust
>Front and rear bumpers
>Tires and wheels ($900 buy rule) see below
>Shocks ($2500 buy rule) see below

Unlimited – Has to be a stock appearing production UTV
Any component can be changed to enhance the performance of the UTV.

All UTV’s subject to inspection before, during or after all competitions and can be disqualified for any infractions.

BUY RULE:
The intent of the buy rule is to keep the limited class competitive.
>You can only buy after the race time has been completed and you must be a competitor in that race.
>You must be a competitor and must finish the race to make a buy.
>You have one hour after the sweeper comes in to make purchase known.
>All purchases have to be made through a Torn official (form can be picked up at registration)
>Manufacturer for Manufacturer (Polaris for Polaris) (Can Am for Can Am)
>You must give your shocks plus $2500
>You must give your wheels and tires plus$900

Torn officials have the right to deny any purchase at any time.

Track minimum width will be 70”
Race time will be one hour.

CLASS NUMBERING:
Limited – 1-99 – no background color required
Unlimited 100-199 – no background color required

** Any rule can be changed at any time by the Torn officials.

·
Registered
37 Posts
900 buy on wheels and tires...lol..guess I bolt my stockers on to race limited class...no way I running my OMF's..

By battery kill switch, do you know if they mean master kill or if the keyswitch is acceptable?

Any idea when the locations will be made available??

·
Registered
312 Posts
I know beaumont ranch is the first race location.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts