Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would do another little review of my new Nerf Bars. they are going on my 2016 900s in blue fire.

from online order to my door in less than 7 days! pretty good for free shipping!
my initial impression with them is that they are pretty well built, probably not as thick diameter of tubing as the more expensive ones but they feel pretty stout. finish was perfect on them not a scratch on them. they were shrink wrapped extremely good and of course an ample supply of packing peanuts was included.
These are the Blue model Nerf bars, it is not an exact match for the voodoo blue in my graphics but in my opinion they are close enough.

No hardware is included with them, you use the 3 torx head bolts that are already on each side of RZR.
Fitment was pretty good I only had one issue with the drivers side bar. the rearmost mounting tab was a little short, when the front and middle one were flush it still had about 3/8 of an inch gap or until it hit the mounting spot. I was able to pull it in with the bolt but if you crank it down it may strip the threads. The passenger side was a perfect fit!

it took a total of about 10 minutes to install both sides. no kidding just unbolt the factory bolts on your RZR hold up the nerf bar with one hand and install the bolts and tighten them up thats it! I did use a dab of antisieze on the threads so if I need to take them off later the bolts wont be rusted in place.

if I have any issues with them in the future I will try to post the results in this thread.

pics:

and the mounting tab:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Re: UTV GIANT Nerf Bars "Tree kickers" my review

Installed mine today pretty happy with them. Ordered on a Wednesday afternoon and had them Thursday. Free shipping that's incredible.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just recieved a PM from a member on here asking how the tree kickers were holding up so I thought I would update this thread for anyone else wondering.

I do not ride as hard as some riders but I do ride..we mostly ride locally in creek beds, and a lot of country back roads ocassionally we do get out and after several trips to Turkey Bay land between the lakes in KY, and a 6 day riding trip to Tenn. where we rode Brimstone, Windrock and Ride Royal Blue for 2 days at each park the tree kickers held up perfectly. I have had ZERO issues with them, nothing loose and the powdercoat is holding up well.

the famous train at Windrock

silo at Turkey Bay

Brimstone

and a little frog poond we found at Ride royal blue

·
Registered
176 Posts
UTV GIANT Nerf Bars "Tree kickers" my review

Just installed my utv giant tree kickers over the weekend... easy to install and look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they make these for a 2013 Xp 900? 2 seat
I don't see any on their site.
dont know you could try and send them an email or give them a call

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. I have enjoyed mine as well. They are doing good. I feel their mounting is probably their weakest points. If you are fairly easy going, these would probably do you well, if you bash stuff they would not hold up to abuse. So far they protect the plastic and help me slide past stumps and such.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Normally I would have ordered black like you did, I am more about function than looks, but the co pilot insisted on the Indy Red to match the suspension pieces and I hate to admit it but she was right, this time.

Maybe I should have ordered blue to match mine..

Yea I agree it looks really good.. wish I could go back but I didn't want it to look like too much.. u kno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do these stick out past the rear fenders? I have an XC model and there are a couple gates where both of my rear fenders rub the gates.

I don't want to get myself wedged in there.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I wish someone made then in silver. I would like them to match the silver XP and TURBO stickers on mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts