Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I just realized we didn't have an "official" post showing our gauge, silly us!

The unmistakable look of Dakota Digital, now available for your 2007-newer Polaris RZR! Directly replacing the factory Polaris speedometer, this new direct plug-in cluster adds a ton of new features! Featuring a full billet aluminum body and high brightness vibrant blue digital display, this upgrade couldn’t be simpler. Displays included: Speedometer (selectable MPH or KM/H and adjustable for custom tire sizes or gearing), Tachometer, Oil Pressure & Water Temperature (available with separate sensor package), Voltmeter, Fuel Level, Clock, Odometer, Trip A & B, Programmable Service Hours and Miles Countdown. All standard factory indicators such as Gear, Engine and Four-Wheel Drive also included. Made in the USA!

The UTV-1500 retails for $449.95 and offers a 24-month warranty against manufacturer defects! UTV-1500

The SEN-24-1 sender pack for oil pressure and temperature retails for $99.95

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
How does it hold up to water and cold? I live where it will get exposed to the elements quite a bit. Today was -16F and in the summer it will get to 100F and of course powerwashed occaisonally.

·
Administrator
50,080 Posts
How does it hold up to water and cold? I live where it will get exposed to the elements quite a bit. Today was -16F and in the summer it will get to 100F and of course powerwashed occaisonally.
Hi i have 2 of them in both my rzr-S's they work great i live in new mexico no issues with temp.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They hold up great! We build them right here in South Dakota, this morning it was -7. The circuit boards inside are completely coated to seal them up. Also, they have a 2 year warranty, so give them your worst!

A lot of people on the forum have them installed on their machines, and I think any of them would vouch for their durability as well as our customer service.

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
do you make displays for other vehicles? e.g. a yamaha r1 or suzuki hayabusa?
and could that electronics package be slipped into this housing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, I don't make any direct fit units for metric bikes. This is an area we've looked at, it's just a huge undertaking to dive into a new market. Maybe sometime in the future!

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't make any direct fit units for metric bikes. This is an area we've looked at, it's just a huge undertaking to dive into a new market. Maybe sometime in the future!
Understood.. i appreciate the quick response though..
i'm trying to build an r1 rig and i have a bunch of crazy little circuits running around in my head.. i believe i'm just going to have to do my own pcm. proabably run it on a stamp or a propellor
thanks..

·
Administrator
50,080 Posts
They hold up great! We build them right here in South Dakota, this morning it was -7. The circuit boards inside are completely coated to seal them up. Also, they have a 2 year warranty, so give them your worst!

A lot of people on the forum have them installed on their machines, and I think any of them would vouch for their durability as well as our customer service.
Let me be the first!! the best feature on these units is the flashing warning set up.with the normal small individual guages that most people install in their rzr its hard to see whats going on as you flying down the trail.the results are a blown engine.with the dakota you are drawn to a emergency condition by the one middle gauge flashing and warning you of the problem. The ergonomics of this system is much better than trying to visually interpret 4 or 5 small gauges while you're traveling at 50 miles an hour. They are also adjustable for larger tire size and you can set warning limits on the water temp and the oil pressure. And, last but not least, they are very cool looking (lol). As far as the company, they are a first class outfit with super customer service. They are currently in the process of building me some custom gauges for my S-rebuild project. They are always available to answer questions and offer suggestions. Many of you have seen the progress of my build on the forum and Scott and Dakota Digital have always met my demanding time schedules. Any questions, do not hesitate to PM me on the forum.
Frank

·
Vendor
4,174 Posts
Guys, you need to look into a stage II design. The guys are spending money on engines that are capable of 8500 RPM!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, you need to look into a stage II design. The guys are spending money on engines that are capable of 8500 RPM!
Well, there's both good and bad news...

The bad news; we're locked into what the bar graph displays on the current version.

The good news; the UTV-1500 also has a numeric readout in the odometer area that you can access via the push button. That RPM readout will continue on after the bar graph is maxed out. The max for that readout is 12,000 RPM.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I used the 1500 for the first time this weekend and it's incredible:ride: What other Dakota gauges are usefull on a non-turbo RZR?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts