Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a back up camera for my RZR yesterday.
I am installing it to be on when the key is on.
I can't see people behind me out of my mirrors.
(Spare tire mounted on rear cage,other stuff packed in the back)
Have any of you wired one this way?

Doug

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I don't have one on my Rzr but I had one wired this way on a 2005 Dodge RAM 2500 QC 4x4 and had no problems with it. Had it on for almost 100k miles.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Wish i wasn't at work
1,306 Posts
Nope, but if you dont have a winch, there is a wire below the key in the middle of the dash that has an accessory wire hookup spot so that you can wire something to it to only come on when the key is on.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I bought one and wired it this way on my 2012 F350. I didnt think I would like one but my truck came with one in the tailgate and it is a sweet option. I missed it when my camper was on the back and tailgate off so I bought one. I sold my truck camper for a Toy Hauler so I will probably mount it on the back of the camper if it will receive that far since it is a wireless.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I installed a peak gps/backup camera in my rzr about 6 months ago. I have the j strong roof and hid everything in side of the roof it has a wire less signal sent to monitor mounted on my steering column. When the ignition is turn on i have gps and a switch in my j strong roof switches to backup camera. The gps sucks but the camera is good for backing up can't really use it as a rearview mirror dosen't pick up objects at a far distance.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
the slightest dust and they are fuzzy on a pickup.
With my luck I couldn't see back when the moment needed it..
other issue is seeing the screen in daylight. not bad when it is 9" in a tinted cab.

·
Official Parts Breaker
4,817 Posts
I bought one and wired it this way on my 2012 F350. I didnt think I would like one but my truck came with one in the tailgate and it is a sweet option. I missed it when my camper was on the back and tailgate off so I bought one. I sold my truck camper for a Toy Hauler so I will probably mount it on the back of the camper if it will receive that far since it is a wireless.

X2... have 3 cameras... One for hitch, one for rearview of truck and one for the back of the trailer. I was going to install one inside the trailer so when I carry my motorcycles, I can keep watch if anything comes loose. (I've had it happen twice and each time it caused more than $5K worth of damage.

Back to the OP's idea, the camera is a great idea for backing up but they make things look too small/far away to use as a rearview mirror. (except the guy immediately behind you)

Also, what are you wanting to use for a screen?

Mark

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Yup, blind in my left eye so bought rear view camera for the RZR so I can see behind me when backing or keeping an eye on the person behind me. Its mounted right below my license plate. I have the 7" LCD monitor mounted below the dash in the center.

Very handy to have. Keep a damp micro fiber cloth in a Ziploc so I can wipe the dust off the screen, dash and gps.

Pirate

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well...yeah...explains a lot!!! Have a real good case of presbyopia in my right eye...meaning my arms aren't long enough to read...and I can't even put toothpaste on my tooth brush without my glasses!!! This gettin' old ain't for wimps!!!! LOL!!!

It is kinda fun not cleaning the left lense, then when it gets really a mess, people will ask "how do you see though that lens"...and thus the laughter begins!!!

Pirate

·
RZR55
207 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Yup that's me!!! Got some nice skull & crossbones eye patches a couple of years ago.

But don't wear them much anymore unless I'm in a large group and peole don't know I'm blind on the left side. Then I wear one until everyone has seen me...then take it off. Have a great wife, and the eyepatch ain't much of a chick magnet...hmmm...maybe that's cuz I'm 58 and balding...so it goes!!!

I'm still alive and doing well, able to spend money on my RZR...just can't see!!

LOL

Pirate

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mark,
you are one sick puppy!
Funny as all hell,but sick none the less.:rofl3:

That was not the image,but the thought of it creeps me out.:scared2::rofl3:

Doug

1 - 20 of 32 Posts