Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Tldr: went through field fast and light came on, acceleration went out then quickly came back. No code.

Quick question. New to the UTV world and picked up a basically new 2018 RZR RS1. Got it with 600 miles on it.

3rd time riding it, riding around in 5inches of snow at the moment. Noticed when giving full throttle through a field that the acceleration cut out and I seen a light and then it immediately went away and went back to giving me speed. Didn’t see any codes, (hoping I was looking for them correctly) only so much you can do on that cluster anyways.

Took it for another ride and had no issue.

One forum I read was from previous years about using the brake and acceleration and it would throw a code or throw it into limp mode. So I figured maybe that’s what it was doing as I’m cruising through the fields braking and acceleration through turns but I thought that’s what this thing was made to do.

Any ideas what it may be? Or how to check for codes when the light doesn’t stay on?

Otherwise. This thing fucking rips.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,060 Posts
The belt slipping can cause it to go into limp mode, and excessive two foot driving as well. Both can flash the CE light and then go away.

A programmer will remove those two foot limits and perk up the throttle map.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The belt slipping can cause it to go into limp mode, and excessive two foot driving as well. Both can flash the CE light and then go away.

A programmer will remove those two foot limits and perk up the throttle map.
Thanks for the response.

I wouldn’t think I’d need to replace the belt already - guess not a bad idea just to pop a new one in.

Who do you recommend for programming?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,060 Posts
The belt maybe have just slipped from the low load and high wheel spin of the snow, it happens. I wouldn’t change it unless the problem continues, you’ll get 65590//1/2 codes if it gets too bad.

Aftermarket Assassins would be where I’d point you. Awesome tunes, great service, and a Forum Vendor as well.

·
Jhook
16 Posts
I am pretty sure that the RS1 ECM is programmed to allow you to do brake and gas at the same time. These are flashed for racing type driving. That is one of the reasons for the dual/use brake pedal set up. I could be wrong but I don"t think your check engine would set from that style driving. I ride trails pretty hard and love the left foot braking. I used to have a winged sprint so I am used to driving that way hard with my RS1 and have never set a light yet. Have fun out there!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am pretty sure that the RS1 ECM is programmed to allow you to do brake and gas at the same time. These are flashed for racing type driving. That is one of the reasons for the dual/use brake pedal set up. I could be wrong but I don"t think your check engine would set from that style driving. I ride trails pretty hard and love the left foot braking. I used to have a winged sprint so I am used to driving that way hard with my RS1 and have never set a light yet. Have fun out there!

You are spot on JHOOK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Should I be concerned as of right now with not having a CE light that’s staying on? I’ve only got it that one day and don’t have any codes. Literally have no idea on what it would be or where to start.

Ty

Edit: talked to dealership. Said it’s most likely a sensor. Covered under warranty...we’ll see if it keeps happening and if not figure out what it is during next service.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,060 Posts
I wouldn't be very concerned at all with it unless the problem persists, or if the CE light stays on with a code. Keep us posted with what develops please.

I was unaware the RS-1 would allow for two foot operation, another reason it's a sweet machine!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not to derail and just a quick followup question on this Jhook: Was reading thru the manual last night and came across this:

In particular, that TIP note. Have you experienced "limited" engine power or non issue? Also curious to know if while its limiting power, whether or not it would throw a CE light (would doubt it, but maybe?) Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rode it for a little while today. Got this error.

Similar to Code 520275 31

wonder if it’s the same fix. I’ll get it to the dealership sooner or later. Don’t think it’ll harm anything until service time.

IMG_2260.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to derail and just a quick followup question on this Jhook: Was reading thru the manual last night and came across this:
View attachment 645226

In particular, that TIP note. Have you experienced "limited" engine power or non issue? Also curious to know if while its limiting power, whether or not it would throw a CE light (would doubt it, but maybe?) Thanks!
If you use the brake and the acceleration I feel like it is limiting the power. I thought in this machine I’d be able to do both np. We’ll see. Seems like having it programmed later on would be the way to go to avoid those CE lights pertaining to that.

·
Yes, I know where we are?
431 Posts
The brake pedal is about a half inch higher than the left foot rest.
It is possible to inadvertently depress the brake pedal if your foot isn't completely off the pedal when you are using the foot rest.
Guess how I know that? Lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you use the brake and the acceleration I feel like it is limiting the power. I thought in this machine I’d be able to do both np. We’ll see. Seems like having it programmed later on would be the way to go to avoid those CE lights pertaining to that.

It is my understanding that it is a timed thing. If you are on the brake for xx amount of seconds while on the accelerator it then goes into limp mode. I may be totally off base here, but that is my understanding. Tuning the ecu can remove the limiters on the brake override. @DBRs1 do you have any info on the issue the op is having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is my understanding that it is a timed thing. If you are on the brake for xx amount of seconds while on the accelerator it then goes into limp mode. I may be totally off base here, but that is my understanding. Tuning the ecu can remove the limiters on the brake override. @DBRs1 do you have any info on the issue the op is having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think RWB713 suggested tuning the ecu to remove the limiters which I think solves this issue.

I just had to do more research and find the service manual in order to know what the code meant for this machine. Granted the service manual didn’t give more information on it then that but...it helped.

Just glad it goes away. I’ll get it tuned in the near future.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts