Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Can't 'Member.
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone figure out the program to upload rides?
I am most interested in this process, but am no expert when it comes to tech stuff.

·
GPS GURU
123 Posts
You can plan rides with google earth ( using the path program) and save them as a .kml , Then convert them to a .gpx file using a program called GPS VISUALIZER. Then save that file to a memory stick and load your new roads to the ride command

·
Can't 'Member.
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You can plan rides with google earth ( using the path program) and save them as a .kml , Then convert them to a .gpx file using a program called GPS VISUALIZER. Then save that file to a memory stick and load your new roads to the ride command
Thank you very much for this link and info!..this appears to be working for me, and I am not a tech type of guy...so you others out there should be able to sort through this easily.
When winter sets in and I am bored on those winter nights I look for places to visit when riding season arrives. I built some routes and have them converted, will try to load onto the RC tomorrow via thumb drive.
In the past I have simply sat with a legal pad and written GPS coordinates for the route, "Left turn at, go apprx 2 miles, right turn at", and my wife watches the Garmin on her side, since the little screen is on her side and I try to drive...LOL
We get a long way out in the sticks sometimes, so while I will still make a hard copy to use in the Garmin 64 if I screw up something I will load rides into the RC, which my son, who also has a 2019, will be able to follow. Will have to try to work with my brother and nephew...they have 5 button RC.
Any of you guys with 5 button systems let me know if this works.

This is what I was hoping for when I suggested this sub forum!

·
GPS GURU
123 Posts
Thank you...this appears to be working for me, and I am not a tech type of guy...so you others out there should be able to sort through this easily.
When winter sets in and I am bored on those winter nights I look for places to visit when riding season arrives.
In the past I have simply sat with a legal pad and written GPS coordinates for the route, "Left turn at, go apprx 2 miles, right turn at", and my wife watches the Garmin on her side, since the little screen is on her side and I try to drive...LOL
We get a long way out in the sticks sometimes, so while I will still make a hard copy to use in the Garmin 64 if I screw up something I will load rides into the RC, which my son, who also has a 2019, will be able to follow. Will have to try to work with my brother and nephew...they have 5 button RC...
Any of you guys with 5 button systems let me know if this works...
You can import the same google earth files into your Garmin as well but that file will need to be in a .gdb format.

There is a great gps coordinate converter out there called GPSBABEL It’s not as user friendly as visualizer but it will do A LOT more and is quite robust. It will make short work of gdb files bot into and out of your Garmin. I use it a lot to bring tracks out of Garmin and bring them into google earth for mapping 👍🏻

·
Can't 'Member.
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for that! I like my Garmin, except for the little screen. Gotta put my cheaters on (glasses) to best see the thing. I will look into that program as well tho.
I have 4 files converted and will make a run at loading them to the RC in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts