Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gregg I spoke with you earlier today about the sound while using the FM tuner in my new overhead unit. I am still not happy with the quality of the sound while listening to the radio, it just seems flat. Is there anything I can do help that? Are there better speakers you would recommend? Can the internal amp be upgraded? Any way to add an EQ? I guess after spending over $500 I was expecting to be happy with everything and just like others have said the fit and finish are awesome but i'm just not thrilled with the sound while using the FM tuner. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hayden

·
SSV Sales
2,085 Posts
Hello Hayden,
Sorry to hear you are not pleased with the sound quality when using the FM radio. As per our discussion the amplifier has a built in EQ that will natrurally increase the treble as the volume increases over volume level 15 and should make a noticible difference.

Please also keep in mind that FM reception simply does not have the frequency responce of an Ipod/MP-3 or even a CD.

I would be willing to have my Tech's take a look at the dock portion of your overhead and if it does not meet specification, I will replace it immediately.

Please let me know how I can help.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After playing with it more I have come to the conclusion that it is more of a problem with the antenna. Every once in a while when the antenna is in a sweet spot it sounds much better. I know that inherently single wire FM antennas are not very good, is there any way to change this? Thanks for your response and willingness to help me. BTW, I live in the Dallas/FTW area so signal strength shouldn't be the issue, its more of a reception issue.

Hayden

·
SSV Sales
2,085 Posts
Hayden,
The SSV Works dock is compatible with any standard automotive antenna.

If you remove the 10 phillips head screws holding the dock into the fibergalss the dock will drop down and you will see where the antenna plugs and and how it can easily be replaced.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts