Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have been told that the XP Pro inner and outer covers and associated parts are a worthwhile upgrade that can be retro fitted to an XPT. I searched the forum but couldn't find any threads on it. Does anyone have a kit or parts list to make this happen and verify that it can be done?

Cheers, Allen

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Not sure, but I think it would be easily achievable as far as the covers go. If you are talking about the primary and secondary clutches as well, then I am not sure if the secondary will go on or not!?!? I think I remember reading that that trans shaft may be different but I’m not positive on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, but I think it would be easily achievable as far as the covers go. If you are talking about the primary and secondary clutches as well, then I am not sure if the secondary will go on or not!?!? I think I remember reading that that trans shaft may be different but I’m not positive on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am just talking about the covers, not the primary and secondary clutches.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
The covers will swap right over, but the new pro xp secondary will not fit on the existing shaft. The regular primary will not work on the new pro xp housing unless you do a little mod to the back of the primary, it rubs on the back of the new plastic baffle. it’s a great update to do but in my opinion you will want to update the entire housing and clutches it’s definitely worth the update.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The covers will swap right over, but the new pro xp secondary will not fit on the existing shaft. The regular primary will not work on the new pro xp housing unless you do a little mod to the back of the primary, it rubs on the back of the new plastic baffle. it’s a great update to do but in my opinion you will want to update the entire housing and clutches it’s definitely worth the update.
Any idea how much the total swap would cost? It sounds like a trans shaft is required too. The updates on the new clutches do look very promising once they get all the bugs worked out of them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
its More than just a shaft swap there is some different size gears inside, we have been racing on the new clutches for awhile now and have had great luck with them zero failures 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts