Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Those o-rings are here to keep the shock eyelets from twisting in the mount not to keep dirt out or lube in. The bearing has a Teflon liner, that's what provides the "lubrication". If you really want to replace the o-rings look at McMaster Carr

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Guys I think I remember John at Garage Products telling me he could get some o-rings also. If Heavysledz doesnt respond. I really like Heavysledz o-ring though had them on a year still like new.

·
RAISING HELL ON THE TRAIL
2,296 Posts
I checked with Gary and they carry the fox o rings but not ones that fit walker Evans so thats a no go

·
RAISING HELL ON THE TRAIL
2,296 Posts
Not gary, but john... I've called so many this morning iv lost track of who's who. Dang I need these o rings

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like a long dead thread, but for future O-ringers, I just ordered a bunch of silicone O rings from 'the o ring store . com'. According to my measurements, they are AS568-315 size.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Looks like a long dead thread, but for future O-ringers, I just ordered a bunch of silicone O rings from 'the o ring store . com'. According to my measurements, they are AS568-315 size.
Good info. Are those for the fox or walker shocks?

·
Registered
10 Posts
AS568-315 is for FOX shocks (20mm ID, 5mm thickness).
AS568-312 is for the stock Walker Evans shocks (15mm ID, 5mm thickness)

While we're here, the mounting spacers are different too. Both are 12mm hole (for 12mm bolt), with 1.25" tab spacing. Both are also 14.5mm tall.
These are also sometime referred to as 'reducers' or 'misalignments' (though I don't think they are true misalignments, ??)

Image hot linked from Kartek

FOX:
25mm diameter (widest of the three rings)
20mm diameter (middle ring)
16mm diameter (smallest ring - goes in to the center of the shock)

Stock Walker Evans:
21.5mm diameter (widest of the three rings)
15mm diameter (middle ring)
15mm diameter (smallest ring)

Mixing units is one of my pet peeves. Do it all metric (preferably), or all standard!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks! More good info!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I just ordered 50 of the Walker sized. I will update on how they fit and may sell of the other unneeded quantity at cost. Ordered from Mykin, minimum order is 50. Shipping was half the cost :(

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Got these and they look to be correct. I now have a huge surplus of the things. If anyone wants some Walker sized, let me know.

Steve

·
ST Elmo
44 Posts
ShakyDog , I would take 16 of the Walker O-rings. If your willing I'd send you a money order , cashiers ck , personal check ,what ever , add on the postage , put them in a small manila envelope and drop them in the mail . I'm in northwest Iowa , not too far from you . Let me know and can swap addresses .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got these and they look to be correct. I now have a huge surplus of the things. If anyone wants some Walker sized, let me know.

Steve

I'll take a set of them for the walker shocks. Would you take Paypal. Appreciate you finding these for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I need 32 for Walkers. can do paypal 2 U. thank you, Bill

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
ok, third time is a charm I hope. I have typed this up three times and messed it up each time.

I only have 34 rings left. So I can get St Elmo and Gunner setup. StopnGo, if I were to order again I would use theoringstore.com (I will get you a part number) they allow orders smaller than 50.

I paid $.50/each with shipping, so we are looking at $8 for the rings and I will send them out mail as inexpensive as I can. PM me you addresses and I will get you numbers.

Steve

81 - 100 of 102 Posts