Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if it's possible to upgrade my '17 XP4 turbo suspension to the new '18 Dynamix suspension.

I seems likely that this should be possible but at what cost?

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Sure it is possible but would cost a fortune, all the electronics and even the charging system is different, plus the 18 ride command system, and not to mention the shocks. If I had to guess, that’d be an $8k upgrade minimum all said and done, unless you can find it used which for now isn’t possible.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Factory price difference is 3K from turbo with Fox's and Dynamix.
I also just noticed that Dynamix isn't offered on the 4 seater..... yet?
Why 8K?
What's different with the charging system?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Why 8K?
Exactly. Only 3K difference when comparing new. So if you really want it that's the time to get it. Not after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if buying everything individually costs around 8K. It's also a whole different wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Why 8K?
Just because it is $3k difference new from factory doesn’t mean it will only cost $3k to upgrade an old version. Let’s start with ride command that alone is around $2500, most all shocks cost around $5k for a full set, these probably even more given the electronic controls. The charging system is double the capacity of the 17s, so I would guess the electronic control system on these tax the battery. I’m sure that charging system is minimum, $1k by itself. I’m sure there much more beyond just these parts: different computer, different wiring, etc. so yeah minimum $8k to upgrade your 17 Suspension, probably more like $10k. So if u really want dynamix, buy it new save the headache of upgrading yourself and save your wallet. I’m sure the 4 seat version will be announced in October.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
If you were gonna spend the money on those shocks.. might as well buy some aftermakets for half the price.

Reactions: Clubin

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Or a different kit and use your Fox IBs that you already have. The hype surrounding King Shocks is ridiculous....

Not a shot at you Kevin or the HCR kit...that stems back to my long travel truck days. Everyone had the same mentality then too. Shock tuning is everything.... brand doesn't mean shit.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Kings and walkers are very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have to disagree. Not even tuned Turbo foxes felt as good as the Kings. The RC2 foxes are good shocks a couple buddies have them. The turbo foxes are a mass produced, cost effective and sub standard compared to the RC2's and Kings IBShocks. The 2.5" walker evens are pretty good and I would take those over the stock Turbo foxes.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
The Turbo Fox IBs definitely need some love in stock form just like any other stock shock that is set up to the OEMs specs but you can do valving and springs a lot cheaper than you can get RC2s (which don't internal bypass at all) or King IBs. Cognito runs the stock Fox Turbo IBs on their race car. While there are a few cast parts on them, they are the real deal and can be made to work as good as any other shock on the market.

Again, shock performance is all about the correct setup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wondering if it's possible to upgrade my '17 XP4 turbo suspension to the new '18 Dynamix suspension.

I seems likely that this should be possible but at what cost?
Did you ever found out what you needed? I recently got some dynamix shocks and was wondering if i could install the system in my 2015 non turbo... Already have the ride command screen from the turbo s working.. Just wondering what else do i need
Wiring harness for sure... But what is it that controls the stiffness on each shock? And monitors the position on the steering? Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts