Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a list of what I want to do to my 2018 4 seater and why... please give me input on which are most important and if the lift kit is a bad idea. I’ve read conflicting things about them.

Highlifter lift kit ($350 at the dealer installed) - because my 32 rock crawlers rub when turning sharp with any articulation
and because it bottoms out so much over humps.

Skid plate - $500 - $800 - because I bottom out so much and rub so often. Every time I’ve been stuck, it’s been on a hump I can’t go around. I just ease it onto the hump so I don’t hit hard and winch it over.

A arm / cv boot guards - ride through a lot of brush, obvious reasons.

Trail armor or rokblokz xl mudflaps/extensions ($200 $350 depending on which I go with) - because my 32s throw mud like crazy all in the cab.... fun at the time but a byotch to clean.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Personally I would skip the lift kit. I think it may cause you more headaches than its worth.

Were I doing this again, I would focus on:

1. 5 point Harnesses (Safety first) - watched some kids roll a 1000 faster than I could blink.
2. Suspension (springs primarily, then rear sway, then revalve if you ain't broke with the first two LOL)
3. Roof
4. Skid plate with trailing and a arm guards
5. Then start in on the fun stuff.

That's just my $.02. I'm sure you will get other opinions shortly ;)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Here’s a list of what I want to do to my 2018 4 seater and why... please give me input on which are most important and if the lift kit is a bad idea. I’ve read conflicting things about them.

Highlifter lift kit ($350 at the dealer installed) - because my 32 rock crawlers rub when turning sharp with any articulation
and because it bottoms out so much over humps.

Skid plate - $500 - $800 - because I bottom out so much and rub so often. Every time I’ve been stuck, it’s been on a hump I can’t go around. I just ease it onto the hump so I don’t hit hard and winch it over.

A arm / cv boot guards - ride through a lot of brush, obvious reasons.

Trail armor or rokblokz xl mudflaps/extensions ($200 $350 depending on which I go with) - because my 32s throw mud like crazy all in the cab.... fun at the time but a byotch to clean.
I like the list.

You could add mudbuster to the list for mudflaps. Yes, a must have for play in the good stuff.

I don't like the lift, that is, if you just need a little extra. I would put my money toward new suspension springs and add a some extra pre-load for a little extra lift. This may not meet your needs, but, if it does, then you will really like the ride quality the new springs will give you.

You might also add to the list, some rock guard/ tree kickers. I know Vendetta make a combo unit that looks sweet and is really functional. I don't know about a 4 seater version.

That's my $0.02 and worth every bit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should add that my rig has quite a few extras from the dealer. It has nerf bars, tri-light Probox roof, winch, front and rear bumpers, 32 inch pro armor rock crawlers. I’ve added lower door inserts.

Thanks. I’m gonna cancel my lift kit for sure.

How much is a good spring kit?

I’m gonna spring for mud flaps first. That will be a huge impact for us, especially when it comes to cleaning the thing.
Think I’ll go for protection next... A arm guards, skid plate, and trailing arm guards.

The mud busters are good? I’ve read conflicting things. I have looked at a bunch online. Trail Armor is $350 but they appear to provide more coverage. The rokblokz xl mud edition look better than the trail armor, but provide a little less coverage. But they’re also $150 cheaper.

Lots to think about!

·
Registered
69 Posts
For the xp 4 1000 you’d be looking at about $800-1000 for springs.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I should add that my rig has quite a few extras from the dealer. It has nerf bars, tri-light Probox roof, winch, front and rear bumpers, 32 inch pro armor rock crawlers. I’ve added lower door inserts.

Thanks. I’m gonna cancel my lift kit for sure.

How much is a good spring kit?

I’m gonna spring for mud flaps first. That will be a huge impact for us, especially when it comes to cleaning the thing.
Think I’ll go for protection next... A arm guards, skid plate, and trailing arm guards.

The mud busters are good? I’ve read conflicting things. I have looked at a bunch online. Trail Armor is $350 but they appear to provide more coverage. The rokblokz xl mud edition look better than the trail armor, but provide a little less coverage. But they’re also $150 cheaper.

Lots to think about!
Mudbusters are great. I've had them on two machines, they work like you want and I've bent them over double many times, they pop right back.

My friend laid his over and crushed the right rear, which you can replace just one, but he's cheap....heat gun and back to good...almost can't tell.:wink

Mudflaps radically reduce clean up time....:smile

If you're sitting low, you might measure your ground clearance and adjust your stock springs up to about 15/16/17 inches in front and 1/2 inch less in the rear. (measure with weight in the machine, springs can compress a lot with just two people inside) The stock springs sag something terrible over time. This might help get you by until you can afford new springs. My RTpro springs cost about $750.

(also, only adjust your springs with the machine jacked up, clean shock threads and lube, and drive it around before you take a new measurement)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m gonna go with the MudBusters. Is there a discount code? I can’t get “rzrforums15” to work.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I’m gonna go with the MudBusters. Is there a discount code? I can’t get “rzrforums15” to work.
Contact them on here by PM and they'll give you a code for 15%.

I think everyone was using the 15% code so now you have to contact them.

My friend just called and said "RZRdavid told me you give 15% off"....LOL and they gave it to him....LOL. This method is not a Mudbuster approved method.

https://www.rzrforums.net/481-mudbusters-extreme-fender-flares/

Just private message Chad at Mudbusters and he'll help you...most likely.

They have lowered their prices, so maybe it's changed some.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I know people on this forum speak highly of Chad and MudBusters customer service , and I just found out why. He contacted me via PM and he made my order a breeze... with expedited shipping today. Can’t beat that.

·
Can never have 2 much FUN
207 Posts
I have a highlifter, so I didn't need that extra raise ... I'm running 30" Rocktanes and no rubbing.

Agree with the other comment ...
Harnesses are a must for my style riding

And I have a full coverage skidplate and that has saved me numerous times in Moab while sliding across some slickrock.

I also have the fender extenders cuz those tire throw a lot of stuff to the cab.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Since you are trying to clear 32's I would save money on the lift kit and do forward a-arms better ride. Since it's a 4 seater I would definitely do a Factory UTV skip plate . Then the next thing I would do is rock sliders . Now you are cleared for 32's and protecting the underneath side of your rig. Then when you got the cash do shock therapy springs . Go heavy on the springs and you will get some lift and still get a good ride

Reactions: RZRdavid

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have the Trail Armor skidplate with built in rock sliders, Trail Armor a-arm guards and Trail Armor trailing arm guards. I’ve beat the piss out of it and it’s an awesome setup. 100% protection for the entire rig. It’s not cheap but we hit bottom multiple times each ride and it’s probably paid for itself already.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... so far I’ve added door bags, mud busters, and the Rough Country rear cargo box. I just ordered a full spring kit from Shock Therapy. I’ll review them when I get them installed. Excited about the spring kit because it’s sagging a lot with the factory springs (2018 XP 1000 4 seater). I still want a skid plate. I don’t think I will lift it. I’m hoping the spring kit will help me some with clearance. It should.

·
Registered
240 Posts

here is the post I wrote yesterday about Shock Therapy. I highly highly highly recommend them and their products. Go with the rear sway bar and links for sure. Asses from there if you want the front sway bar or not. I absolutely love my ride now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts