Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is only fair that I provide an update on the status of my repairs through RPM-One Warranty that I purchased through Ride Now Peoria. The other day after I got off the phone with the customer service from INDS (Assuming they are the handlers of the claims) I was not satisfied with the explanation that was provided to me nor the lack of interest in providing a solution to me to justify why the claim was unilaterally denied without solid explanation or the opportunity to talk to the claims adjustor. It probably didn't help that I had just gotten off 25+ hours of airplanes and my tolerance level was very low.

I wrote a letter explaining the situation to the Ride Now Corporate office and I provided them with all the documentation from my conversations with INDS and the explanation that I provided to them with reference to the Polaris service manual that clearly states the protective mechanisms that are in place to prevent the vehicle from being operated in an "over heated" state.

Yesterday, September 5, I received a phone call from Lori (Vice President of RPM One) and I almost hung up on her but I let her explain the process of their claims handling. I am glad I did not hang up on her because she proceeded to tell me that they are going to accept my claim as it was clear in my explanation that the cooling system failure caused the engine to fail. She was very helpful and could not apologize enough for how I was handled with the INDS call center and she was going to address that directly.

For what it is worth I will be the first to eat a little crow as Ride Now did step to the plate to contact Lori at RPM. They did not have to do that but after they saw how a customer was being handled I am satisified with their response.

I have told others in the past that when I bought my XP that Ride Now was easier to deal with than when I bought my Harley and 2 other quads. They didn't need to reach out to RPM as my RZR is not at their shop but they did and they have gone the extra mile to make sure I am a satisfied customer.

So as of right now my RZR is being repaired under warranty and I am looking forward to my first trip in 3 weeks to the giant sand box

:pint::ride::pint:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have had awesome dealings with RPM One & my dealer in the past....Hope it continues in the furture too....Glad RPM one stepped up & helped you out!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Good for you!!! my RPM ONe claim was denied because no one could figure out how the "dust" got into my motor. So I paid the whole thing myself.

I do a lot of my own work, so forget the warranty, just get the parts and fix it myself.

RPM One papers are around here somewhere.

Glad you had good luck!!!

Pirate

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
It is only fair that I provide an update on the status of my repairs through RPM-One Warranty that I purchased through Ride Now Peoria. The other day after I got off the phone with the customer service from INDS (Assuming they are the handlers of the claims) I was not satisfied with the explanation that was provided to me nor the lack of interest in providing a solution to me to justify why the claim was unilaterally denied without solid explanation or the opportunity to talk to the claims adjustor. It probably didn't help that I had just gotten off 25+ hours of airplanes and my tolerance level was very low.

I wrote a letter explaining the situation to the Ride Now Corporate office and I provided them with all the documentation from my conversations with INDS and the explanation that I provided to them with reference to the Polaris service manual that clearly states the protective mechanisms that are in place to prevent the vehicle from being operated in an "over heated" state.

Yesterday, September 5, I received a phone call from Lori (Vice President of RPM One) and I almost hung up on her but I let her explain the process of their claims handling. I am glad I did not hang up on her because she proceeded to tell me that they are going to accept my claim as it was clear in my explanation that the cooling system failure caused the engine to fail. She was very helpful and could not apologize enough for how I was handled with the INDS call center and she was going to address that directly.

For what it is worth I will be the first to eat a little crow as Ride Now did step to the plate to contact Lori at RPM. They did not have to do that but after they saw how a customer was being handled I am satisified with their response.

I have told others in the past that when I bought my XP that Ride Now was easier to deal with than when I bought my Harley and 2 other quads. They didn't need to reach out to RPM as my RZR is not at their shop but they did and they have gone the extra mile to make sure I am a satisfied customer.

So as of right now my RZR is being repaired under warranty and I am looking forward to my first trip in 3 weeks to the giant sand box

:pint::ride::pint:
Come on now Dave as "Paul Harvey" would say "Now the rest of the story"...

I know it ... Let everyone else know it...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Short update as I just popped my Ambein. RZR is back together and RPM paid 2/3 of the repair. I opted to replace both pistons and they were only going to fix the "melted" one. I dropped off for a dyno break in and tune this afternoon at KMS and will be picking up tomorrow afternoon to get it ready for the big sand box next week. Big shout out to Tim (Swingarm) and Star Island Motorsports.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
Short update as I just popped my Ambein. RZR is back together and RPM paid 2/3 of the repair. I opted to replace both pistons and they were only going to fix the "melted" one. I dropped off for a dyno break in and tune this afternoon at KMS and will be picking up tomorrow afternoon to get it ready for the big sand box next week. Big shout out to Tim (Swingarm) and Star Island Motorsports.
Let me know how your tune went please... Don't forget Alba Nate took care of your wasted cams too...:) :) :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
First, I admire you for your stepping up and explaining your conduct and taking the hit. That says something about your integrity. Second, you gave credit where it was due, even though you could have whined about the situation. Third, good to know, since I purchased my ATV from RideNow (PHX) and also have RPM One as extended warranty.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't know, still sounds like you had more hassle than you should have had to deal with. I'm not sure they actually did you any favors here?

We shouldn't have to jump for joy and celebrate when all that is happening, is what was supposed to happen in the first place.

--"I takes care of my kids" well, yeah you're supposed too, its nothing to brag about.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have an RPM warranty, I have a xp , and i am sure it needs a motor it is in the dealer now. It has the stock air cleaner and stock exhuast and all service work done at dealer, so we will see what I get.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
If your air filter let dust through...you're screwed.

My new Holz Stage III motor got dust in the engine, and I have no idea how. Filter was tight, no loose joints in the ducting.

But I know this....RPM refused to pay a dime. I believe my 48 month warranty has expired and they never covered anything I put in a claim for.

RPM One sucks...big time!!!

JMHO

Pirate

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well Pirate I have a very good friend who is an attorney and does not work hard so he has a lot of time to call and write letters, the unfortunate thing is I wil be with out for w while. If they do not cover it at the start I wil ltake to Alba and then ask to be paid back. It has stock stuff and I do nto service it the dealer does, so it seems to me the dealer, the manufacturer or the warranty company shoudl pay, I am doing what is expected of me. They advertise it in the dunes so they cannot say it should not be there

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Take it in bone stock!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
it is bone stock for sure, exept for cams and they cannot tell the difference with out a micrometer so they willl never know

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I think its also a VERY good idea to go over with the Service Manager and whoever is going to call RPM and go over what is going to be said.

If RPM is told the "motor failed due to mechanical failure" it will probably go. If RPM is told, "well, it looks like the air filter failed"...nope that's maintenance and you won't get a dime.

Reviewing your policy and rehearsing with the folks doing the work goes a long...long...long way towards getting RPM to pay!!!

Pirate

1 - 20 of 30 Posts