Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished making a dust cover for the rzr, I used the same material that they use for dump truck tarps. Should be very weather resistant! Then I just put down velcro all around the rest of it to hold it down. The velcro is sticky back and doesn't stick the best to the tarp material, so i'm gonna pull it back off and take it to the tarp place and have it sewn on also. Easy to make and I should only have about $25 dollars in it. They are good about giving smaller pieces away, I got a piece big enough to make two covers, one for mine and one for my dads. So if you are interested in making a cheap one, check your local tarp place if you have one close.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was before I got all the velcro on, I got everything trimmed up and pulled tighter! Looks a lot better now!

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's a great idea, now package it up, put a fancy logo on the box, add the RZR tax and sell it for $199.95 plus shipping.:rofl3:

Vince

·
Registered
799 Posts
I did the same thing except i used a roll of the rubber material that you line your toolbox droors with and i carried it all the way up the back so no dust or mud flies in from the rear by your elbows

·
Addicted
3,656 Posts
This seems to be the best idea, to me, so far for sealing up the under seat area. Now I've just got to find me some tarp or rubber membrane and do it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI, I did the same but used rubber underlayment that you would use for showers and etc. spent 6.00. Enough for myself and my friend. Check at Lowes for scrap pieces.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I just posted some pics of mine in the budget mods thread.:popcorn:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be best to leave the air inlet on the "clean" side of the dust cover?

·
I just wanna ride
3,640 Posts
That looks great!
One more thing to add to my to do list

1 - 13 of 13 Posts