Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 XP and picked up the under dash block off kit from Polaris to keep the dust down.
I got the 2 pieces installed at the top of the fire wall no problem but cant seem to figure out where the fender ones go.
I took the fender flare off to expose the frame, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
If anyone could help me out on this would be appreciated.
Pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Does the XP even need the under dash block off kit?

I was riding the other day with a friend in his 2010 RZR800 and noticed he gets a LOT of gravel thrown up into the cab because his firewall does not come all the way up to meet the underside of the fender/hood plastics, there is a BIG gap in there... like you can put your hand through it if you reach other the fender and feel the top of his glovebox. He also has a big hole around his steering shaft.

So I was showing him my 2012 XP900 and I don't have that problem at all, there is virtually no gaps in there, only a few very small gaps around where the frame passes through, and my steering shaft has a rubber boot around it. I was telling him about the block off kits I've seen and he definatally needs one badly. I have seen several products (especially on eBay) where they just lump all RZR's together or the seller even list the XP900 yet is selling a product that's totally inappropriate to the XP's. Some sellers just dont pay attention and assume if it fits one RZR then it fits all of them.

I'm not sure the XP's really NEED the block off kit, at least my 2012 model, not sure if 2011 are the same or not. I know they list them on eBay and in the Polaris catalog but if you look it seems to just lump all RZR models together and it may just really not be needed on the XP's.

What year is your XP and does the kit really seem to be blocking off much of anything anyways? I'm really curious.

G

·
Pretty sure the XP has the "block off kit" installed from the factory...I know
Mine doesn't have any of the huge gaps my 2010 did.

·
333 Posts
Last I knew all XP's had dash block off's ever since they were made?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I still get a descent amount of heat from under the dash of my XP4 but nothing compared to previous Polaris' I've been in. If there is a kit for the XP I'd be interested.

G

·
I still get a descent amount of heat from under the dash of my XP4 but nothing compared to previous Polaris' I've been in. If there is a kit for the XP I'd be interested.
There isn't...the XP has the "kit"..any further sealing will require your imagination :)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I just shot in some flexible expanding foam in the small gaps it does have :)
HIGHOCTANE, "flexible" expanding foam? Sorry for the steal
Ken
Yes unlike the stuff that gets hard and can crack ect this stuff stays flexiable. I think it works great . A little more expensive of course.
Thank you Sir, I will give that a try. I've been looking for something like that for awhile.
Ken

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have a 2012 XP and picked up the under dash block off kit from Polaris to keep the dust down.
I got the 2 pieces installed at the top of the fire wall no problem but cant seem to figure out where the fender ones go.
I took the fender flare off to expose the frame, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
If anyone could help me out on this would be appreciated.
Pics would be greatly appreciated.
Where did you purchase it, do you have a part #?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same place I bought the XP.
Don't have the part number, receipt is at my office, I'll check tomorrow.
Not sure if it was meant for it, but the uppers fit good.

·
333 Posts
Same place I bought the XP.
Don't have the part number, receipt is at my office, I'll check tomorrow.
Not sure if it was meant for it, but the uppers fit good.
I honestly have no idea how, it comes with it from the factory ever since the XP was made, so unless you have a 1 off XP or someone stole yours you have an odd case, the fender pieces wont work for the XP because they are not made for an XP, they are for the 800.

·
333 Posts
UNDERDASH BLOCKOFF KIT
Item #: 2876900
$59.99 US

Type Year Model
RANGER RZR 2013 RZR® 800
RANGER RZR 2013 RZR® S 800
RANGER RZR 2012 RANGER RZR® 800
RANGER RZR 2012 RANGER RZR® S 800
RANGER RZR 2011 RANGER RZR® 800
RANGER RZR 2011 RANGER RZR® S 800
RANGER RZR 2010 RANGER RZR® 800
RANGER RZR 2010 RANGER RZR® S 800
RANGER RZR 2009 RANGER RZR® 800
RANGER RZR 2009 RANGER RZR® S 800
RANGER RZR 2008 RANGER RZR® 800

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i guess that's the answer to the question, they sold me the kit for the RZR.
Part number 2876900, Dam-it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts