Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Sick Stick whip flag yesterday and received it today. Can't ask for anything better than that. I'll be back for more!!! I'll post a pic when get it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a few pics of the Sick-Stick.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
What the release look like? LED or Fiber optic?

DevilDoc Junior

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This from their website.

Sick-Stick the ultimate remote control UTV Lighted Whip. With up to 20 different colors, 6 different running patterns (auto, flash, jump 3, jump 7,fade 3 & fade 7), adjustable speed and adjustable brightness. Can be connected to most factory lighting systems. Whips are spring mounted to help prevent from breaking. Stainless steel hardware is used to prevent rust & corrosion. Spring is removeable if solid mount is preferred.

12 volt DC required

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
They look great & I will probley try one after I break my triable whips again!! I really like the spring mount...that should save some whips from being broken..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
how is the Sick Stick Whip holding up? Did you order it from their web site? How bad does it bend with that spring mount. It also looks like the LED lights are outside the actual whip, is it pretty durable? thx

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how is the Sick Stick Whip holding up? Did you order it from their web site? How bad does it bend with that spring mount. It also looks like the LED lights are outside the actual whip, is it pretty durable? thx
I did order off the website. The spring mount is really stiff. I'd be willing to bet it doesn't move much when just driving. The lights are outside the whip but has a pretty thick plastic coating over it. I think the whip will last a long time. The only questionable part is the connector from the whip to the controller. It's pretty flimsy. I guess that's why the manufacturer sells replacement connectors.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Anyone know of any forum discount codes for Sick Sticks? I might get one. Is the 6' okay for a top roof mount on an XP4?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone know of any forum discount codes for Sick Sticks? I might get one. Is the 6' okay for a top roof mount on an XP4?

I asked FUTV about a forum discount and they said they only give discounts on the products they produce. Mine is a 4' whip mounted on the top of the cage. Plenty high enough IMHO.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

I asked FUTV about a forum discount and they said they only give discounts on the products they produce. Mine is a 4' whip mounted on the top of the cage. Plenty high enough IMHO.

Okay, how was the wiring? Looks like there is a lot going on there. I think Im gonna order one.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Okay, how was the wiring? Looks like there is a lot going on there. I think Im gonna order one.
Wiring very easy. Two wires from the little white control box go to the battery. There's the connector that goes to the whip. Just line up arrows on the connectors and plug in. The other wire you see in the pic is the antenna for the remote control.

I just use the remote to operate the whip. You could wire it to a switch on the dash if you choose.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Wiring very easy. Two wires from the little white control box go to the battery. There's the connector that goes to the whip. Just line up arrows on the connectors and plug in. The other wire you see in the pic is the antenna for the remote control.

Okay, got it!! I saw that extra wire hanging and didnt know what that was. Thanks for clearing that up as it is the antenna. Now with the remote can you turn the whip off and on? so the whip gets wired directly to the battery without a switch? Thx again for your time.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I modified my previous post. Re read it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I modified my previous post. Re read it.

Okay so that looks like a YES to my question. I would just wire the whip to power (battery) and turn it on and off with the remote. Awesome thx!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought 2 of the 6' sick sticks and mounted them to the top of my cage. The spring mount is nice to have also. Went on my first ride with them at sand mountain and they were probably one of the brightest lighted whips out there.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I bought 2 of the 6' sick sticks and mounted them to the top of my cage. The spring mount is nice to have also. Went on my first ride with them at sand mountain and they were probably one of the brightest lighted whips out there.
Good to know! Do ya have any pics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts