Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the UMP turbo version intake will fit without hitting my tires? I have a standard 2008 RZR with 1" wheel spacers, 3+5 DWT Red label wheels with Skat Trak Extreme paddles. I am right at 58" wide at the outside edges of the tires. I am thinking it might matter weather or not I end up using the spool piece for the 3rd injector or not, as it should move the UMP inward by a few inches if I didn't use the spool piece from what I can tell in the picture that was sent to me. I would rather use the spool piece if I can so I wouldn't have to mess with tapping into my existing TB for the 3rd injector and barbed fitting for the boost gauge.
I would like to hear from people that have installed the MCX and turbo UMP on a standard RZR, not an S model.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
The spool and injector won't matter.
The distance from the turbo intake to your tires is what we need to check.
If it doesn't fit, you could use your shorter UMP. people have used the short version and not had any problems with restriction or rich AFR.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The spool and injector won't matter.
The distance from the turbo intake to your tires is what we need to check.
If it doesn't fit, you could use your shorter UMP. people have used the short version and not had any problems with restriction or rich AFR.
That is good to know that it would work if I have to use my UMP, but would rather use the turbo one. I am going to get a boost gauge and wideband AFR gauge coming tomorrow hopefully. Check these out , tell me what you think.

Glowshift Wideband Oxygen Sensor Controller with Gauge - Modern Automotive Performance

GlowShift Black 7 Color 30 PSI Boost / Vacuum Gauge - Modern Automotive Performance

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
I Don't know if it's the angle of the pic or what, but did that UMP ever hit your bighorns? It should have more clearance than that on my RZR with the 3+5 wheels and 1" spacers don't you think?
it barely cleared with bighorns. as the tire goes up it goes out a little (A arm camber changes as it moves). the paddles and 3+5 wheels cleared.

That was my initial install. I later took out the red coupler and vent tube fitting and moved the UMP closer to the turbo.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I can't put anything in my bed for now, at least until I figure out what to do with my generator. When we camp I have to haul it in the RZR cuz we have a regular travel trailer not a toy hauler. I may have to figure out something to attach it to the rear bumper on the trailer, like a receiver hitch or something. I really would rather not have the filter there anyway cuz I also hunt with this RZR.

UPDATE: I just measured and my Honda 3000 generator will barely fit in the bed with the 2" charge tubes and intercooler in the way. I better start figuring something out for hauling the gen.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All right since the bed is out...may-be mount it above inter-cooler or below...or get the shorter ump..or Long Travel...or may-be install turbo ump long-ways...
I have the shorter UMP, but was hoping to use the one that comes with the motor. I hope it will just fit then that's one less thing to worry about. I can fab up a rack on a hitch if I have to. It would be much easier to load that way too. It kills my back loading that gen up. It weighs 135 lbs. with no fuel in it, kinda tough with the S cage.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
you need to change your priorities... the turbo rzr come first!

if the generator doesnt fit, then get a smaller one or put is somewhere else! LOL

:ride:

By the way,,, why are all your tools laying on the ground next to your engine? did you tip over your tool box? :rofl3:

:ride:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.