Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If considering and UMP canister what is the difference in the small or large versions.
How does airflow compare to the stock air filter, the newer large one?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Considering the size difference of the stock filter to the smaller UMP I wonder if I should just get the larger size.
Questions: does the Larger UMP mount in the same place as the other and does anyone have an idea of price differences
and airflow comparisons of Polaris big stock filter, small UMP and big UMP?
I will be installing Holz 46mm intake and throttle body soon and am thinking of an UMP upgrade prior to dyno tuning.
Any help would be appreciated.:ride:

·
Registered
952 Posts
DFR. Best $ i have spent.The filter does not get very dirty and the TB is clean!!

JMHO

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had looked on the UMP site and did not see info about RZR's, I sent an e-mail.
The phone was going to messages and an e-mail would be easier from both sides.
Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the E-mail reply from UMP, the small unit is the way to go if you want to mount it below the bed.
Now I have the answer I was looking for.

Hi Kevin,
The 'smaller' kit is actually the same diameter as the Turbo filter which is longer to hold more filter media. The flow rate is not that much different but since a turbo flows more air we would be seeing about the same CFM per square inch of media on both filters. Our standard kit is designed to bolt into about the same location as the stock filter housing except we bolt to the engine and not the frame so there is no chance of the boot pulling off and leakage occurring. The longer canister will not fit in this location and must be mounted in the bed or some other place that suits the application (where the turbo is located). If you do not have plans to put a turbo on it down the road we think the standard kit would be the best for your ride if used for general play use. Race cars may benefit from the longer canister because they will see more dust in one day than a play car will see in a season. Most of our customers get a whole season out of an element with our standard kit so that would be the best for you. I have attached some info, if you have any more questions, let me know.
Thanks,
Cliff Cappos
Unique Metal Products
760.421.0300 Phone
760.421.0303 Fax
uniquemetalproducts.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.