Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Standard Vendor
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We set out on a two year quest to produce the most efficient air filter on the market, and we achieved it. The benchmark was set by independently testing the latest offerings on the market to set the bar. We would not be satisfied until we could state that our filters are more efficient than any other at sub-micron levels. Our testing is done to industrial standard which is much more stringent and defined than standard automotive standards. The unique dual media layup of the Desertcraft severe duty air filter is the key to it's superior filtration. It is a dry element that needs no oil and can be easily serviced and re-used for years of service.

·
Registered
435 Posts
can you post your testing data results on here??

·
Standard Vendor
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because it is filtering to a higher level than stock does it restrict airflow more than a stock filter?
That is a loaded question..... Most filter companies use what is called depth loading media. Simply put it can penetrate the media and become embedded. This is why you will typically see data showing initial pressure drop, but what happens as it becomes loaded? We developed our filter to be for sever duty to protect the engine in harsh environments. Also our media is what is defined as surface loading media, so it does not embed. It is also a very slick material so much of the larger particles that would tend to build up and embed most filters (restricting them) simply falls off on ours. So to answer your question, yes we have a slightly higher initial DP. But all of our testing has shown no loss in performance. We have several enthusiasts and racers running our filter and have had zero complaints. Always a price to pay using a high flow filter in an off road environment, which many on this forum can attest to. One last thing is that our filter can be serviced, cleaned and re-used unlike the stock filter which is a one time use element. Attempting to clean it can be detrimental to the integrity of the media.
Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am willing to try one, after several hours riding my factory filter usually has a surprising amount of dust accumulated and yours new probably still flows better than the factory one I have been tapping dust out of for the last 6 months.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,644 Posts
Been using one for 6 months now...the stock filter is good, but the desertcraft is at worst as good as stock, but cleanable and reusable. I clean it after every two rides now, but the first time I let it run for 500 miles of basically pure dust riding, the filter was covered in dirt on the outside, but the inside was spotless. I had applied a thin layer of dielectric grease to the inside of the intake tube as well, just to see if anything got by, the grease was as clean as the day I put it on. Airflow is important, yes, and I don't know that the DC filter flows a bit more, or a bit less, but honestly, it's close enough that it will make no significant change in power output, and clean air is much more beneficial. (especially in a Turbo). A quick shot with compressed air after every 2 rides, and a good wash in simple green every 500 miles will be the maintenance schedule, and I expect the 1 filter to last to rest of my machines life. Very happy with the product.

·
Standard Vendor
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been using one for 6 months now...the stock filter is good, but the desertcraft is at worst as good as stock, but cleanable and reusable. I clean it after every two rides now, but the first time I let it run for 500 miles of basically pure dust riding, the filter was covered in dirt on the outside, but the inside was spotless. I had applied a thin layer of dielectric grease to the inside of the intake tube as well, just to see if anything got by, the grease was as clean as the day I put it on. Airflow is important, yes, and I don't know that the DC filter flows a bit more, or a bit less, but honestly, it's close enough that it will make no significant change in power output, and clean air is much more beneficial. (especially in a Turbo). A quick shot with compressed air after every 2 rides, and a good wash in simple green every 500 miles will be the maintenance schedule, and I expect the 1 filter to last to rest of my machines life. Very happy with the product.
RWB713.... Thank you for your review. We feel that bench/Laboratory testing is good for setting a benchmark. It allows for side by side testing, and comparisons and is the basis for what your are attempting to achieve. However, there is no substitute for real world testing. We did several months of field testing ourselves in the dry and extremely dusty deserts and mountains of California to confirm the results we were seeing during our lab testing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts