Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

601 - 607 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Been having issues with my 2012 rzr 800s front diff. Stuck in awd in forward gears and no awd in reverse. Got the diff out and torn apart. The sprague appears to have a break in one of the wires holding it together. Is that normal or not? I'll attach a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have replaced my sprauge gear with an new one and now have it back together. now when I spin it on the table the axel moves like in 4x4. is this normal? I did try and stop it with tools and it is engaged real snug. did I put together wrong? it spins good but I just was thinking it should not move axles until I plug in and hit awd.... HELP

·
Registered
90 Posts
Okay to avoid having to read 12 pages and get a quick answer what kits is best for a 2014 800 S front differential?
I know the plastic cage has to be coming apart with the slack in my axles at the diff housing. It gets worse little by little. I just change the fluids and the seal did their part. Not a drop of water mixed in with the oil fluid.
I want to replace all seals, bearings, cage, and H clips unless you think I should add more parts.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Okay to avoid having to read 12 pages and get a quick answer what kits is best for a 2014 800 S front differential?
I know the plastic cage has to be coming apart with the slack in my axles at the diff housing. It gets worse little by little. I just change the fluids and the seal did their part. Not a drop of water mixed in with the oil fluid.
I want to replace all seals, bearings, cage, and H clips unless you think I should add more parts.
The 2013 should not have a plastic sprague. It should have a cast zinc cage. Where are you getting slack? If you are talking about where the front axles plug into the diff then more than likely your problem isn't the sprague, instead its likely the axle stubs are worn. They are softer than the diff output hubs, so when they get dirt and water around them it eats the axle stubs. I've replaced mine twice in 5000 miles and they could stand it again now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The 2013 sgould not have a plastic sprague. It should have a cast zinc cage. Where are you getting slack? If you are talking about where the front axles plug into the diff then more than likely your problem isn't the sprague, instead its likely the axle stubs are worn. They are softer than the diff output hubs, so when they get dirt and water around them it eats the axle stubs. I've replaced mine twice in 5000 miles and they could stand it again now.
If so I should be able to pop the axles out and mic them to see how wear they have, any specs for those? These are the factory axles on front and I only had to change one in the rear thanks to the wife knocking a boot off the CV joint.
All in all it's a 13 so I will go ahead and rebuild the front diff just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
The 2013 sgould not have a plastic sprague. It should have a cast zinc cage. Where are you getting slack? If you are talking about where the front axles plug into the diff then more than likely your problem isn't the sprague, instead its likely the axle stubs are worn. They are softer than the diff output hubs, so when they get dirt and water around them it eats the axle stubs. I've replaced mine twice in 5000 miles and they could stand it again now.
If so I should be able to pop the axles out and mic them to see how wear they have, any specs for those? These are the factory axles on front and I only had to change one in the rear thanks to the wife knocking a boot off the CV joint.
All in all it's a 13 so I will go ahead and rebuild the front diff just to be on the safe side.
I honestly have no clue what the specs would be if there are any listed anywhere. And I would at least put a billet sprague in the diff. My zinc cage shattered. I'm running a JJ & A Racing sprague in mine. Also using their breather cover on the valve cover. Both high quality parts. And great guys to deal with.

601 - 607 of 607 Posts