Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order doors my my xp and I was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback about these doors with the bearclaw latches. I had pro armor doors on my 800s and they rattled like crazy. Do the twisted stitch doors rattle as bad, I know they will a little but the pro armor doors drove me crazy a few times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the twisted stitch doors and while they were fine at first, they now have some play in them after about 150 miles and rattle. However not nearly as bad as my friends pro armor.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm happy with the doors, had a rattle after a couple hundred miles, I just adjusted the door again and it's gone. Latches are really nice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm happy with the doors, had a rattle after a couple hundred miles, I just adjusted the door again and it's gone. Latches are really nice.
How did you adjust the doors if i may ask? Mine are starting to rattle quite a bit
I just messed with the post that the latch locks on,I moved it to a point where it was a very slight bind when you shut the door. They fit tight now. It took me a while of moving it up and down the adjustment range to get them perfect.

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
I wrapped Gorilla Tape around my latch posts and the rattle went away. It will come back again, and more tape will be added when it wears through.
The Heat shrink tube for spark plug wires(the HD ones) could be used as well

·
Wish i wasn't at work
1,306 Posts
I just used some of the foam pipe insulation and double sided sticky tape on mine. I will take pics to show where input it at to stop the rattle completely and only costs about 8 bucks or so to fix and seems to last a while. I had them on my 800 before i bought the 900 and they rattled like crazy on the 800 but i didnt have any foam to put on them, but i figured i would try it on here and it works. They do not rattle at all now!!!!

·
Wish i wasn't at work
1,306 Posts
Here is a couple pics of the areas i used foam, its just normal pipe insulation foam.

It has COMPLETELY got rid of the rattles and squeaks from the doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts