Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I dunno......Just my $.02, but it doesnt seem worth it to me. For that kinda money, I'd do an Apex swap or Z1. Or I would buy an XP and modify it! Just seems like way too much money just to hang with or beat an XP...

To each his own though!
I'm starting to agree....I'd rather save up the $$$ and put myself in a JaggedX machine... It's part of the Rzraddiction getting the better of me.

NorCal Jr.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well you really don't need all that to handle a stock 900.

I have a 82mm big bore with 8.5:1 forged pistons, a bit of head work, ARP studs, P/W hot rod race crank and a boondocker turbo at 12 psi and I run away from my buddies stock xp all day long. Before that I has the stock S motor on 10 lbs with race gas and could also pull the XP but not as well as it does now. I ride mostly sand so If I hadn't already had so much invested in my 800 I might have bought an XP but I am very happy with my set up. It is also all very stealth. Everything is under the bed so you can suprise people when you runaway from them.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well you really don't need all that to handle a stock 900.

I have a 82mm big bore with 8.5:1 forged pistons, a bit of head work, ARP studs, P/W hot rod race crank and a boondocker turbo at 12 psi and I run away from my buddies stock xp all day long. Before that I has the stock S motor on 10 lbs with race gas and could also pull the XP but not as well as it does now. I ride mostly sand so If I hadn't already had so much invested in my 800 I might have bought an XP but I am very happy with my set up. It is also all very stealth. Everything is under the bed so you can suprise people when you runaway from them.
I like the stealth idea, you have any pics??

Jr

NorCal Jr.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Ill let you know in a couple weeks Jr. i bought a used boondocker turbo kit and plan to run 10-12psi. sent my crank to get pinned and welded, and am waiting on all the bearings and gaskets and seals to rebuild the motor. i will give you an honest review when it is complete and running.
i bought the turbo kit used and will have about $2500 in the whole build when i am done. came with clutching and all.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ill let you know in a couple weeks Jr. i bought a used boondocker turbo kit and plan to run 10-12psi. sent my crank to get pinned and welded, and am waiting on all the bearings and gaskets and seals to rebuild the motor. i will give you an honest review when it is complete and running.
i bought the turbo kit uesed and will have about $2500 in the whole build when i am done. came with clutching and all.
Thx bro! I'd appreciate any feedback, and keep me posted to the rebuild. I'd like to hear any pros/cons that go along with this type of engine Mod.

Jr

NorCal Jr.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't have any pictures but if you go to the boondocker web site they have pictures of it. I have a bookdocker kit that I added a blow off valve to.
Cool, Ill check it out, Thx.

Jr

21 - 27 of 27 Posts