Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Can you take a picture of the kit on your rzr? I am running a ump box and I would like to see how the turbo hooks up to then intake.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Why doesn't it have a n intercooler? Does it not need one? I have a dyna tel fuel controller would that work and what time of air cleaner do u need for it? I've very interested also how much to ship it to 66614 area code. Pls let me know. How big of a difference did it make and can u also email me pics at [email protected]

·
Registered
304 Posts
Intercoolers are optional at 10 psi or less usually. It is always good to run one though. It will help your turbo last longer.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Intercoolers are optional at 10 psi or less usually. It is always good to run one though. It will help your turbo last longer.
the intercooler is after the turbo. It won't make the turbo last longer.
My understanding is that the intercooler will lower the charge air temp and that is good for the engine. It helps prevent detonation and makes more HP.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You are correct. I was thinking of Blow off Valve. The intercooler is usually required above 10 pounds because of the hot air, I usually loose about 15% hp once the air heats up.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have turbocharged quit a few air cooled VW engines in sandrails and have never used a intercooler. If the application was calling for high rpm's for long periods of time then I would recommend a intercooler no matter at what levels of boost. Your Dyna-Tec fuel controller will work if you dont push the boost too high. I am running 6lbs. The air cleaner can be routed up thru the bed or just install a filter right on the turbo itself...I will get some pictures loaded this evening. FREE shipping for asking price. Not sure how much it weighs. I will have to remove it and box it up first (working on it next couple of days) so I can give a shipping quote...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Clean looking set-up!

·
RAISING HELL ON THE TRAIL
2,296 Posts
I am the one who bought this kit along with a lot of other stuff to build a turbo but never got to install it but it is a great little setup with all the fab work done for you and a complete set of picture directions. Due to unexpected bills I am thinking of selling this kit $1000.00 shipped. Thought I would use this tread to sell it since it has the pics on it. The kit is still in the original box he shipped it to me in and I just got everything out to inspect it and then put it back.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If it helps hellrzr. I have the air to air intercooler from an aerocharger system if any one wants to use it with this. It is sized perfect for the rzr moter. I will let it go for $150. It is the polished aluminum one but looks just like the black one they still use on their 800kits. It only has 200 miles on it. As I went water to air.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts