Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

Morris Racing #711
I wanted to wait and see what IAT's I was at with the new setup, which isn't terrible but could be better. Since I'm down an arm right now (bc of rotator cuff surgery) I went ahead and just had Doug make me one, they make a really nice setup so I wanted to share it and give you guys another option to consider if you're looking to go this route.

IMG_2534.jpg

Premium Member
Hi Kevin ...how much do they cost ?....I look forward to hearing your finding on IAT once your get healed up

Morris Racing #711
Hi Kevin ...how much do they cost ?....I look forward to hearing your finding on IAT once your get healed up
I might see if I can get the wife talked into getting her hands dirty and install this. It would give her a good taste (literally, she'll prob get some coolant in the mouth pulling the lines off hehe) of what I go through working on vehicles and maybe she'll learn a little more appreciation for it lol plus I can film it and have a good laugh at her later over it.

I purchased a few more things than just this and I didn't get a break down of it all yet. I'll text Doug and I'll get back to you on the price.

Premium Member
Ha HA ..... yes a install video with commentary please ....I love the funny stuff!

(y):ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
I am still testing the HCT split tanks I installed a few months ago. I am not ready to form a final opinion yet by any means .
But now that I have had a few weekend's at altitude with higher ambient temps 85 - 100 F.
I can say my engine coolant temps are down from previous years about 8 -10 degrees F average.
The hottest I have seen so far is 198 F the same situation would normally be about 205 F

These are the same spots I have tested in the last two years and noted the ambient temps vs the engine temps.. also this is backed up by comparing my dad's 2018 totally stock XPT 2 seat .
We will see what time will tell overall ...especially with AIT reduction ?

2018 XPT ..AA stage 3 tune..32's with 12% gear reduction ...all tested at 4000 ft alt or higher .

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
Very interesting! I would not have expected engine coolant temps to go down. Unless of course the CAC coolant is hotter than the engine coolant, and that's very unlikely. Ah the reality of IRL vs theory..

Thanks Max!

Registered
Thanks for the update Max! I ended up just biting the bullet and ordered the HCT tanks.... waiting for them to ship.

Maybe I'll do something custom in the future.

I'm also taking the opportunity with dafish's cooling thread and swapping to G05 coolant but with 90% water and surfactant added.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
My estimates on engine temp reduction are still not 100% as I stated previously.... 8 - 10 F might be a little high pushing it by 2 degrees or so maybe?
But there is a noticeable reduction in engine coolant temp ....and it is at least 6 or 7 degrees F reduction minimum.

To me that's a big deal ...again the initial point was ...and still is too reduce AIT ...no clue on that yet

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
I certainly support your goal. I don鈥檛 understand how they can both be cooler though. But yea, I鈥檓 watching what you show us and hoping for the best!

luck. -d

Registered
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks for the update Max! I ended up just biting the bullet and ordered the HCT tanks.... waiting for them to ship.

Maybe I'll do something custom in the future.

I'm also taking the opportunity with dafish's cooling thread and swapping to G05 coolant but with 90% water and surfactant added.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Most of the surfactants require a refresh annually. I believe the add pack that protects from corrosion expires. If you move to 30% it should be good for 4 years... just saying.

Aspiring Perfectionist
Very interesting! I would not have expected engine coolant temps to go down. Unless of course the CAC coolant is hotter than the engine coolant, and that's very unlikely. Ah the reality of IRL vs theory..

Thanks Max!
I'm wondering if the heat removed from the IC Exchanger by splitting the systems is allowing cooler airflow over the radiator possibly? Since the IC Exchanger is in front maybe...not 100% certain, I don't have good data to compare with since I did my oil cooler at the same time as my split tanks...from what I've seen of people monitoring the IC coolant after split tanks, the coolant temp doesn't really exceed 140掳 in "normal" conditions.. so maybe just the little difference in air temp can make that much difference? ...seems like an efficiency conundrum really..not sure which way SHOULD be beneficial ( Cooler air vs less system capacity ), but it seems Max's data is showing it might just be a possibility.

Morris Racing #711
You remove the t-stat with the hct kit right? I wonder if removing the t-stat plays any roll in those temp drops?

Registered
Mine is removed with no issues. I do not run it in winter though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
I did not remove my t-stat when I installed the split tank ..... the only difference from my tests in the past ( besides obviously adding the split tank) is the tune and fuel octane level .
In the past I was running the BMP stage 3 tune with 91 octane non ethanol.
Now I an running AA stage 3 tune with 91 octane non ethanol and 1/3 of a can of VP Octanium unleaded since my data logs showed the knock sensor kicking in on some WOT runs .
I wouldn't think the octane increase would lower temps that much ??

Aspiring Perfectionist
I did not remove my t-stat when I installed the split tank ..... the only difference from my tests in the past ( besides obviously adding the split tank) is the tune and fuel octane level .
In the past I was running the BMP stage 3 tune with 91 octane non ethanol.
Now I an running AA stage 3 tune with 91 octane non ethanol and 1/3 of a can of VP Octanium unleaded since my data logs showed the knock sensor kicking in on some WOT runs .
I wouldn't think the octane increase would lower temps that much ??
Could be a richer mixture in the AA tune keeping it cooler, but from my findings, AA tends to lean toward the lean side for the power output...Octane boost could possibly have an effect as well, but it would depend on the tunes themselves, and how close to the verge of ping they are both running....

Off topic... but on that note... have you looked at any data logs since you started running the VP additive? Did it reduce the knock sensor activity?

Premium Member
Well maybe it is the tune or the octane ??
The AA tune does seem to use a little more fuel than even the BMP tune... both hog the fuel !!! ...but I cant tell how much difference there is really?
No I have not done any more data logging recently ... I need to do that now with the split tank and Octanium .
We just got done haying the field so now I can test again on the same test track as before. I will send you my logs when I do that. I will try and do it in the morning so the ambient temps are the same as when I logged the runs before 60 F
What ever it is my ECT are definitely lower now

Aspiring Perfectionist
Different fan setting is possible too... kinda looked right over that one, not sure where the on/offs are for each tune, or the duty cycle at a given temp either

41 - 60 of 74 Posts