Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Finally got out on my first ride with my new Turbo S Velocity this weekend. For fast trail riding these factory seats leave a lot to be desired compared to say a Can Am X3 Seat. I'm looking at purchasing a set. Wondered what your guys feedback is for the following two seats. Keep in mind I'm 6'0 and 215lbs.

PRP GT S.E Seats
PRP XC Seats

I looked at Simpson as well as another option. No one in my area changes seats in a RZR, I really don't have anywhere to go to try them. Hoping for solid feedback from people who have bought them.

·
Can't 'Member.
634 Posts
About 4 years ago I bought a set of PRPs for my XP1k.
I have about 3 inches and 50 lbs on you. I called PRP and talked to them. I wound up ordering the seats directly. Had them optioned with heat and lumbar support. (Bad Back) I liked them so well that when I bought the Turbo S I transferred the seats to the new ride. Wife spent a morning cleaning them up, they look good as new.
I don't think you can go wrong with PRP.

·
Registered
38 Posts
About 4 years ago I bought a set of PRPs for my XP1k.
I have about 3 inches and 50 lbs on you. I called PRP and talked to them. I wound up ordering the seats directly. Had them optioned with heat and lumbar support. (Bad Back) I liked them so well that when I bought the Turbo S I transferred the seats to the new ride. Wife spent a morning cleaning them up, they look good as new.
I don't think you can go wrong with PRP.
Did they make your seats wider than stock, or did they offer to do so if needed?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Can't 'Member.
634 Posts
Yes they did. I believe it was 1.5 inches wider, cant remember exactly. Call them, they are easy to talk to. Wife is 5-2 about 130, but she doesn't get lost in them. She loves the heat when we are riding in colder weather...and so do I.

·
Registered
23 Posts
in 2012 I went to the sand show and sat in all the seats. I decided that Mastercraft seats were the best for my 6- 3 and 200 lb body. I did the same thing on my 2018 turbo s. I like these seats because they don't have the high sides making you feel like your being pinched into them.And they are a true suspension seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have Mastercraft seats in my buggy and love them. Did you go with specific SXS seats or just fab others to work in your rig?

I'd love to have the same seats in my RZR that I have in my buggy but didn't they'd fit (without fab work).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
mastercraft has seats that fit in the 2018-2019 turbo s. Take the slider off the stock seat and put it on the mastercraft. Look it up on there web site and chose your color and cloth or vinyl.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ended up with a full set of Triple X seats.

Looked at several pictures, read a ton of reviews and ended up having to pick a set of seats without ever being able to sit in one.........

Very happy with the seats, very comfortable and quality is top notch. At some point, I'll probably do up a review with some pics but again for now, there great!!

check them out,
polaris

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m currently looking at the Dragonfire RT seats vs the Simpson Vortex seats. I really like the Dragonfire harnesses, but can’t find many reviews on their seats.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m currently looking at the Dragonfire RT seats vs the Simpson Vortex seats. I really like the Dragonfire harnesses, but can’t find many reviews on their seats.
Same, I seen their R/T Seats and liked them but no one has any feedback for me on them. This is not something I really want to take a chance on considering the price.

·
Vendor
21,202 Posts
For your size we'd recommend the Simpson Pro Sport or Vortex wide body. We've done several Turbo S builds with those seats. The Pro Sport seat has a lower side bolster making it easier to get in and out of. It's always best to sit in the seat before you purchase if possible, but we've seen alot of guys your size very happy with those seats.

·
Las Vegas, Nevada
11 Posts
I have been very happy with the stock seats in my '18 & '19 Turbo S's, and even the seats in the two 570's I owned previously (although I did add seat adjusters to those fixed seats). I read a lot of complaints about seats but perhaps you guys are taller? I'm 5'9" and 215 pounds. I can't imagine spending money on seats when the stock units seem perfect for me and I'm a pretty aggressive driver.

If I have any complaint about the Turbo S seats it is that they don't slide well once the tracks get dirty but I imagine all seats must have this problem in the environments we use them.

I guess we all have our pain points but fortunately mine are not in my back!

·
Registered
320 Posts
PRP suspension seats for me. Double stitched suede with the heaters in them.. Havent ridden in them yet as my Turbo S Velocity build is not quite yet done. I can say they feel great and smell good too. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have been very happy with the stock seats in my '18 & '19 Turbo S's, and even the seats in the two 570's I owned previously (although I did add seat adjusters to those fixed seats). I read a lot of complaints about seats but perhaps you guys are taller? I'm 5'9" and 215 pounds. I can't imagine spending money on seats when the stock units seem perfect for me and I'm a pretty aggressive driver.

If I have any complaint about the Turbo S seats it is that they don't slide well once the tracks get dirty but I imagine all seats must have this problem in the environments we use them.

I guess we all have our pain points but fortunately mine are not in my back!
Just take a ride in a rig with upgraded seats and seriously...........there's NO comparison!!! Even my wife was like don't ever think about putting stock seats back in!! LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ahh I have a Turbo S Velocity too. Been searching online for the past couple days at seats and also in the seat forum here. So many to choose from it’s hard to make up your mind.

I do have a BS sand rear bench seat. Super comfy and soft, but I set it up for the kids in mind since they will be the only ones to sit there.

Fronts are still the lousy stock. I kinda like the Pro Armor Le seat. It doesn’t look as cool as others, but it’s a little wider and says it fits all body types and made for comfort which is priority to me as all my life I’m up and down in weight and let my wife and friends of all sizes drive and sit passenger. But I dunno can’t make up my mind.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahh I have a Turbo S Velocity too. Been searching online for the past couple days at seats and also in the seat forum here. So many to choose from it’s hard to make up your mind. From big name brands, to random mom and pop companies that are still high quality and made in house at their shop within the US with prices from cheap to high. Noticed a lot of seat companies are in the Phoenix Arizona area.

I do have a BS sand rear seat. Super comfy and soft, but I set it up with the kids in mind since they will be the only ones to sit there.

Fronts are still the lousy stock seats. And the stock harnesses are stiff, bulky and heavy. I kinda like the Pro Armor Le seat. It doesn’t look as cool, but it’s mass made with no special options other then a couple colors so the price point is super attractive and it’s a seat that is a little wider and made for comfort which is priority. But I dunno can’t make up my mind. Maybe the big UTV sand and sports show coming up has vendors who have seats on display to sit in with special show pricing.
If you have the opportunity to sit in the seats that's 90 percent of the battle right there. I don't have that option which makes it tough. I'm also in canada which means limited selection to get across the border without ridiculous charges.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For your size we'd recommend the Simpson Pro Sport or Vortex wide body. We've done several Turbo S builds with those seats. The Pro Sport seat has a lower side bolster making it easier to get in and out of. It's always best to sit in the seat before you purchase if possible, but we've seen alot of guys your size very happy with those seats.

I really do like those Pro Sport seats! Just have to see if anyone in canada even carries them.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Appreciate all the feedback guys. I'm going to order a set of Simpson Vortex Seats in Black/Charcoal for my Velocity edition. I'll post up a video on my channel when they arrive with install and thoughts.

Attachments

·
craigstumph
9,869 Posts
For the guys wanting PRP seats I have all of them and use them in all my own UTVs. I have forum pricing on every seat they make. Go to the PRP site and pick a seat on their seat builder and send me a screen shot. I will get those seats to you. There is a reason Polaris uses PRP seats in some of their special addition vehicles. PRP stands for quality, fit, comfort, and value. PM if you need seats.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts