Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Recently we picked up a Turbo S and started doing what we do, testing and development of parts to improve the ride. Here are a few videos showing our process from assessment to abusive testing. More to come.

First video, initial impressions

Second video, new products

Third video, cool action, testing shots. The tire deflection in slow motion is very interesting to see. All of that movement is in the tire sidewall and you can't feel it in the car.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Totally off subject but I was curious why the headlights look different... lol Looks like a fantastic improvement on an already awesome machine!! Great work.

Thanks
Thom

·
Administrator
50,145 Posts
Hi guys. Recently we picked up a Turbo S and started doing what we do, testing and development of parts to improve the ride. Here are a few videos showing our process from assessment to abusive testing. More to come.

First video, initial impressions
https://youtu.be/RJ3x6Idbdwg

Second video, new products
https://youtu.be/D7OW4MbH1gg

Third video, cool action, testing shots. The tire deflection in slow motion is very interesting to see. All of that movement is in the tire sidewall and you can't feel it in the car.
https://youtu.be/GuVc9urCzsU
Awesome job on the review Buddy ,They are sweet Machines :)

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
For someone on the east coast mainly trail riding is Stage 3 spring kit sufficient enough?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think yes. The main benefit to the stage 3 spring kit is cost (cheaper) and it will be much more plush which is great for slower trail, mountain, rock or mud. The only time we push people into a stage 4 spring kit is if they are also running desert or dunes. Both of these terrains require more resistance in big hits to prevent bottoming out. For where your at and how your driving a stage 3 kit works killer on the Turbo S.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Just got my kit installed. I followed your online instructions and i had to take an inch of preload out of the rear and add .25 to the front. My crossovers look pretty low. This is all new to me. How do i set the crossovers? I’m an east coast trail rider. Springs look awesome on!

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got my kit installed. I followed your online instructions and i had to take an inch of preload out of the rear and add .25 to the front. My crossovers look pretty low. This is all new to me. How do i set the crossovers? I’m an east coast trail rider. Springs look awesome on!

Sorry for the delay. I really have to get this page to notify me when someone posts. For some reason it doesn't. I am sure we probably talked to you by now on the phone to help with this but for others that are reading this: adjusting the pre load collars is normal and yours sounds good to me. The cross over heights are set as a starting point in the kit but once you have your ride height set you should have about 1" of gap in the front from the bottom of the cross over to the top of the black spring divider below it. The rear should have about 2.5" of gap. Adjust accordingly and duplicate those new measurements on the other side. Remember to check your ride heights after a couple hundred miles and adjust one more time if needed. They should remain at this height from that point on. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts

Sorry for the delay. I really have to get this page to notify me when someone posts. For some reason it doesn't. I am sure we probably talked to you by now on the phone to help with this but for others that are reading this: adjusting the pre load collars is normal and yours sounds good to me. The cross over heights are set as a starting point in the kit but once you have your ride height set you should have about 1" of gap in the front from the bottom of the cross over to the top of the black spring divider below it. The rear should have about 2.5" of gap. Adjust accordingly and duplicate those new measurements on the other side. Remember to check your ride heights after a couple hundred miles and adjust one more time if needed. They should remain at this height from that point on. Thank you.

Should this measurement change for a east coast trail rider? Most of my riding is under 20-30 mph

1 - 12 of 12 Posts