Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Administrator
50,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris has issued a safety alert for 2018 RZR Turbo S vehicles. Polaris has determined that the Rollover Protection Structure (ROPS) on 2018 RZR XP Turbo S vehicles may not meet Polaris quality standards, which may increase the risk of injury in the event that a vehicle rollover occurs. Polaris advises owners not to drive their vehicles until evaluated and serviced by their local dealer. Polaris is evaluating a comprehensive repair, targeting availability before the end of August with parts shipping to dealers in early September. Polaris is notifying dealers and contacting affected consumers by mail, and email if available. To search off-road recalls by model or vehicle identification number (VIN), visit Off-Road Product Safety Recalls - Search by VIN.

·
Registered
300 Posts
any idea what the fix will be frank?

2018 XP TURBO S

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wonder if there going to take care of us that where there crash test dummies. Would be nice to be taken care of for showing them they had a problem before they had a major lawsuit on there hand because someone got killed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine is a month old and at ABF Fabrication getting a new cage and bumpers built. After the crumbled cages on the forum I quit driving it and took it in.

18 RZR Turbo S

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I am pretty sure nobody was affected or hurt by the cage failing which is great. That said, it has always been known the cages and seat belts needed to be upgraded regardless of machine. That is something I will always do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dear Polaris RZR owner,

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris RZR vehicle affected by STOP RIDE alert Z-18-03 that was announced on August 1, 2018.

Polaris has determined the Rollover Protection Structure (ROPS) on 2018 RZR XP Turbo S vehicles may not meet Polaris quality standards, which may increase the risk of injury in the event that a vehicle rollover occurs.

Polaris is evaluating a comprehensive repair, targeting availability before the end of August with parts shipping to dealers in early September. At the time of availability, Polaris will re-issue this communication with additional repair information.

DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE

Visit our Off-Road Safety Recall page to verify if your RZR is impacted by this STOP RIDE alert. Your local Polaris dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator page. Contact your dealer to complete a transfer of ownership if you no longer own the vehicle.

While your dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, you can also call our Customer Service department at 1-800-POLARIS (1-800-765-2747) to speak with a representative.

Sincerely,

Polaris Off-Road Vehicles

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am pretty sure nobody was affected or hurt by the cage failing which is great. That said, it has always been known the cages and seat belts needed to be upgraded regardless of machine. That is something I will always do.
Sadly their were a couple injury's no fatalities luckily

·
Registered
26 Posts
Crazy frustrating with Polaris quality. Picked up my turbo S last weekend after weeks of waiting for it now this. Luckily had preordered and so now Installing my Cagewrx cage this weekend but wondering if not having whatever update they come out with done will effect the machine status on Popo’s side in the future ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I called polaris customer service today and spoke with tech/engineering and this is what I was told from the tech person.
They have not even figured out what exactly they are going to do as of today and hope to have a resolution by the first part of September.
There will be no extension of the warranty
No vouchers and no form of compensation if you have purchased items that will no longer work with whatever they decide to do to the cage.
He was also quick to add that a 3rd party cage was not advised do to structural issues that could arise!!!!
Yes that was what he said!! So that lets everyone know what we are dealing with!!!
Let me upgrade my cage when I get ready but don’t force it on me to do due to poor engineering!!!!
This is all a bunch of BS and we as consumers should not have to deal with this.
My last thought Is screw them and they have sold me my last polaris as much as I love the RZR.

1 - 20 of 337 Posts