Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
If I get a full exhaust this will delete the cat correct?
It will but the cat is in the muffler on the end where the exhaust enters. All you need to replace is the muffler.

I cut my muffler, drilled out the cat and had it welded back. If it got any louder I can't tell much difference. If it has more power I can't tell much difference. I did it to get rid of heat - lots of difference.

After market mufflers are loud - my buddy went back to stock after only 1 trip.

·
Registered
2019 Turbo S
133 Posts
I did the cat delete also. Can't really tell much difference in sound, performance, or heat.
I didn't take any measurements before hand.

Engine temp was never an issue before doing it. I did it to try to reduce turbo heat. I hate the way it glows red even after light to moderate driving. I know its "normal" but hate to think about what that does to bearings and oil with those temps. I cringe everytime I hit water, hoping something doesn't heat shock due to water hitting it. I am religious about idling for 30+ seconds everytime I stop, unless I just can't.

I ride with another stock Turbo S, he has not deleted his cat. At almost every stop I compare turbo glow. Can't really tell much difference between the two.

·
Registered
641 Posts
They do sell a bolt on muffler without a cat that is not much louder than stock and even keeps the stock back plate. You can’t tell it from stock by looks. I’m going with that along with a tune to turn my fan on sooner.

·
Registered
2019 Turbo S
133 Posts
They do sell a bolt on muffler without a cat that is not much louder than stock and even keeps the stock back plate. You can’t tell it from stock by looks. I’m going with that along with a tune to turn my fan on sooner.
For me I didn't see the point in buying one, if its not going to provide any improvement over stock, except no CAT. I believe they wanted $300-400.
I cut my pipe off with a sawzall and dug the CAT out in less than 45 minutes. I tried to weld it, but found out I was not good enough of a welder to weld thin muffler pipe. Took it to a welder who charged me $30 to weld it.

Just make sure you mark the pipes several places before you cut to get the alignment right. Now I have $350 to spend elsewhere.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So back to this again. I am confident there is NOTHING wrong with my RZR, but I want more!
I can’t believe pro racers use the stock setup. I was at coral pink for the first time since my original post and I can cook this rzr in maybe 5 mins. And that is with me trying to keep the car moving quickly for air flow, decent throttle to help the water pump and not shooting every steep dune constantly.
What is the fix here? Does the HCT split tank work?
Evo Powersports race intercooler? I’m willing to put some money into this as Coral pink is one of my favorite places to ride and I can’t even enjoy it because I’m constantly worried I’ll go into limp mode while running up a dune.
Does the pro xp have this heat soaking issue??
What’s your thoughts!?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Get a tune and replace the muffler. I have a 2020 XP Turbo S4 with these two mods and it's a beast. Went to Sand hollow and had no overheating issues, just fun in the sand.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Get a tune and replace the muffler. I have a 2020 XP Turbo S4 with these two mods and it's a beast. Went to Sand hollow and had no overheating issues, just fun in the sand.
Sand hollow car runs fine and I have a muffler and tune. Sand hollow is much more forgiving than coral pink. I have been wanting to pull the trigger on a split tank but there doesn’t seem to be a general consensus that they actually work. Water cooled turbo from AA is on my list as well but i can’t find much on reviews for that either.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Sand hollow car runs fine and I have a muffler and tune. Sand hollow is much more forgiving than coral pink. I have been wanting to pull the trigger on a split tank but there doesn’t seem to be a general consensus that they actually work. Water cooled turbo from AA is on my list as well but i can’t find much on reviews for that either.

I run the water cooled AA turbo and also the split tanks ...they both work. The water cooled turbo had the biggest effect in reducing overall temps especially IAT

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I run the water cooled AA turbo and also the split tanks ...they both work. The water cooled turbo had the biggest effect in reducing overall temps especially IAT
How does it compare driveability to the stock set-up. Have you done any high altitude driving? Any other issues with the AA setup? I am trying to remain as reliable as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I didn't notice any change in drivability or lag. I haven't rode at really high altitude only about 5500 ft ...no change noticed.
Like all aftermarket tunes it gobbles fuel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I didn't notice any change in drivability or lag. I haven't rode at really high altitude only about 5500 ft ...no change noticed.
Like all aftermarket tunes it gobbles fuel.

Just messaged AA about a turbo and associated mods. In the mean time I ordered the deviant split tank as that’s the only one I can find that works with the turbo s. Will post back my results when I have them.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Contact D&M racing they make a nice split tank set up . I think the Turbo S used the same split tank set up as all other XPT's

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Contact D&M racing they make a nice split tank set up . I think the Turbo S used the same split tank set up as all other XPT's

Ordered this instead of the deviant last night. Will post up my results when I get the chance.
Should I run a different coolant? I read through that massive thread posted about cooling and if I’m being honest I didn’t come away with a straight answer haha.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I just run the Polaris coolant.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts