Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for more ground clearance and don’t want to give up speed or the ride I currently have. I am running 32” tires and looking for suggestions

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
There's a couple threads in this forum about tender springs that help maintain ride height and retain ride characteristics. I'm sure with added preload using these aftermarket tenders you can gain some extra ground clearance, not sure how it would affect ride though. I'm installing new tenders this week.

How much are you looking at raising the ride height compared to stock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a couple threads in this forum about tender springs that help maintain ride height and retain ride characteristics. I'm sure with added preload using these aftermarket tenders you can gain some extra ground clearance, not sure how it would affect ride though. I'm installing new tenders this week.

How much are you looking at raising the ride height compared to stock?
I was hoping for 2 or 3” I wasn’t sure if springs would be better or high clearance a arms.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I'm no expert, but it seems 2" to 3" would be a lot to get with just springs without changing the ride characteristics.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm no expert, but it seems 2" to 3" would be a lot to get with just springs without changing the ride characteristics.
I agree with Tim. The tender spring upgrade would be used to regain the clearance you lost after the springs settled but pushing it 2+ inches past the initial 16" GC is going to end up making it top heavy and changing the ride characteristics. If your using this as a Rock Crawler or Mud Machine I'm sure you likely won't care but if your using it for its intended use the handling will suffer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done portals in the past and don't want to give up top speed. I like the ride just want a little more. Maybe taller tires and high clearance a arms.

·
5,813 Posts
I have done portals in the past and don't want to give up top speed. I like the ride just want a little more. Maybe taller tires and high clearance a arms.
Hey! The portals with the correct gear reduction matched to a bigger tire won't slow you down. If you go with a 35" tire and 4" portals with the 15% gear reduction, you'll be geared right back to stock. Your speedo will show a lower top end speed because of the bigger tire rpms, but a GPS will show that you still get your top speed at the high end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey! The portals with the correct gear reduction matched to a bigger tire won't slow you down. If you go with a 35" tire and 4" portals with the 15% gear reduction, you'll be geared right back to stock. Your speedo will show a lower top end speed because of the bigger tire rpms, but a GPS will show that you still get your top speed at the high end.
I ended up with all of your high clearance stuff. a arms, radius arms & trailing arms

·
5,813 Posts
I ended up with all of your high clearance stuff. a arms, radius arms & trailing arms
Hell yeah! Beat'em up! :grin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts