Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just had my RZR TURBO S Velocity shocks serviced. Prior to taking them in they were clunky as some had oil leaks due to pitting on the rams. New Rams, oil and service and when the shocks are cool, they ride nice and no noise. Very soon after starting a ride the reservoirs heat up and I hear a metal "CLINK" sound on every short and sharp bump. Like when I hit a rock in the road or even crossing the asphalt and hitting the curb on the other side. Anytime The front wheels kinda jolt up vs just rolling up a gentle bump,I get that clinking sound. The hotter they get the more noticable the noise is. Let it cool and the noise goes away. Any idea what this is? Also, 3 of the 4 shocks get very warm on rough trails. Almost too hot to touch. The 4th remains cool all the time. Why is that? I am confused. This sound is driving me crazy to say the least.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S4 onyx black
167 Posts
My brotherhad the same issue after service on his shocks and new springs. A set of limit straps solved the problem. He used the sandcraft kit.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
FWIW my front shocks will get almost too hot to touch while the rears are just pretty warm. Also have ST limit straps = no more clunking.

As to your "clink", my guess is shock mounts are sloppy or bushings are worn. Do you have enough pre-load on the springs?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Could be that your shocks need to be rebuilt/recharged. Factory shocks are known to have the nitrogen leak out of them over time or not have enough to begin with.

Have you messed with your clickers at all?

Reactions: Reverend_FNG

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Agree with the posts above, Start out with the simple and work your way from there. All shock mount bolts tight. Sway bars lubed. Isolate the "clunk" to one side? Duplicate the sound by bouncing in the suspension while stopped?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts