Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 19 XPT and was thinking of putting the Turbo S cage. Anyone done this yet? How it look? does it lower the back much? I would like a flatter look.

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just picked up my 19 XPT and was thinking of putting the Turbo S cage. Anyone done this yet? How it look? does it lower the back much? I would like a flatter look.

Thanks

Dude save your time and just build aftermarket cage. Looks waaaaay better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,758 Posts
Yeah, not worth the time in my book, and i'm not sure how compatible the S is with the XPT in that area (could bolt right up... never looked into it), but a well built aftermarket (or self built) cage is both safer and more aesthetically pleasing

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but if it is lowering the rear of the cage, I noticed this web site.

cwmotorsportsil.com

·
Registered
171 Posts
There was another thread on this. And I was extremely interested in doing this and had a free S cage lined up, until I found out it actually RAISED the cage height. Game over, was trying to lower it, not raise it.

But this cwmotorsports bold on cage lookes promising, anyone use their cage?

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
Yes it works I gave my Turbo S cage to buddy with XPT and bolted right up, he loves it for free!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can get a used S cage really cheap, thats why I considered it. just looking at lowering the back of the cage nothing fancy.

I've seen the CW one and it's probably the direction I'll go.

olddog did it raise the overall height in the rear?

·
Registered
125 Posts
From the CW website.

Add to Cart

This Replacement Cage Section For The Rear Back Half Of Your Polaris RZR 1000XP or Polaris RZR Turbo XP Will Lower Your Cage From 4-5 Inches. It will Give You A Custom Cage Look For A Fraction Of The Cost. Simple Bolt On Installation Using Existing Hardware. Our cage comes with factory seat belt bungs, click six harness mounts, and your choice of powder coat color.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Hi,
Just wanted to chime in and let you know we offer 2 cages for the Turbo S. Feel free to message me or call me if you would like to know about them.
Thanks!
Erin Houser

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm doing this now on an xp4 1000. What I've found so far before putting it on is you need to buy mounts for your rear shock resovoirs for pre 17 xp4s. The turbo s cage has them mounted on the shocks themselves. Also turbo s cage has no provisions for lap belts. I've already purchased turbo s four point belts on ebay. The bars that go all the way back can just be mounted to the plastics with their original mounting plates. They dont do anything for protection even on the turbo s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm doing this now on an xp4 1000. What I've found so far before putting it on is you need to buy mounts for your rear shock resovoirs for pre 17 xp4s. The turbo s cage has them mounted on the shocks themselves. Also turbo s cage has no provisions for lap belts. I've already purchased turbo s four point belts on ebay. The bars that go all the way back can just be mounted to the plastics with their original mounting plates. They dont do anything for protection even on the turbo s.
Hey man I'm wondering if I can put a 2019 turbo s cage on my 2014 xp4 1000. Would like to have the shorter sleek roof for more clearance in my toyhauler. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey man I'm wondering if I can put a 2019 turbo s cage on my 2014 xp4 1000. Would like to have the shorter sleek roof for more clearance in my toyhauler. Thanks in advance
It's the same as my 2015 xp4 so you should be good. Just try to get the turbo s 4 point seatbelts too. You'll need them. Also need the seatbelt bolt covers and the little adaptors that attach to the plastics for the rearward bars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's the same as my 2015 xp4 so you should be good. Just try to get the turbo s 4 point seatbelts too. You'll need them. Also need the seatbelt bolt covers and the little adaptors that attach to the plastics for the rearward bars.
Not really sure if it lowers the roofline or not I haven't measured but it looks better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I will go pick up this cage an get started. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How’d you mount them? I don’t see where they would secure to?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts