Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 calls to Polaris and me and my mechanic trying to figure out the winch situation I think we have finally made progress. There is a winch plate that comes on the S and looks to be a place to put the winch above the differential but it will NOT fit because of the radiator bracket. I finally spoke with someone at Polaris who was able to tell me about 2 new winches that will work. The part numbers are 2882240 and 2883828. Hopefully these will in fact work. I am going to order one and hope for the best. I did not want to run a front bumper and a winch is 100% necessary where I ride. There seems to be no info out there yet on this so I hope this helps someone out.

Here is the link to the new winches for the S.

https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/winches/2882240/

https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/winches/2883828/

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The top one will not fit Order the bottom one and u need the bumper
Have you tried them both? Where does the second mount to a bumper at? Are you 100% positive neither will fit without a bumper? Frank, if you are reading this can you shed some light on this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have not tried them both the bottom one is back ordered The dealer spent seven hours Trying to get the top one in they were unsucesfull

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I have money down on a Turbo S and just waiting for it to show up. Of course one of the first items I will add is a winch due to where I ride. Has anyone successfully installed a winch above the front diff yet. I am not crazy about the bumper mounted winches. Does anyone offer a winch bumper for the Turbo S yet anyway. Please post pics of item# 2883828 installed if you have any. It looks kinda funky.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
auburnu008
What size winch was your dealer trying to install? Will a 2500# fit but a 4500# will not or does the size make no difference?
They were trying to put in a 4500. The motor would need to be at least 3/4" smaller in diameter for it to have a chance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unfortunately you want 2x minimum pulling power to weight ratio. My quads have 2500 and 3000 lb winches. I would think anything under 4k is just asking for trouble...and honestly, 4500 would be a much better choice. I hope they're able to make 4500s fit...otherwise, I'll just custom mount one out front or do a custom install with receiver hitch so it can go on the front or back.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks way better than I thought it was going to. I guess the bumper that Harts UTV mentioned above is optional. Sweet ride. I wish mine would get here. :sad
Yeah I agree. It looks like it sticks out a little more than it does in the picture. There is a thick bash plate around it so if it does ever hit any rocks or anything it should be ok.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bottom one attaches to this bumper from polaris.
I have this bumper and an older multi mount Polaris (built by Warn) winch from my Ranger. Can I mount the old winch to this bumper? Obviously I would have to take the winch off the multi mount, but will it mount to the new Polaris bumper? I haven’t really looked at the bumper very closely to see if it has attachment points built into it (I don’t have access to my machine right now to experiment).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts