Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering....about how many revs should the turbo start to kick in ?. If I'm parked and in Neutral and take the revs up, the turbo boost bar on the dynamics screen shows it start to kick in at 5000 rpm. Just checking to see if this is standard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A turbo needs a load to make boost. It will not make boost while in neutral and reving the engine. When in gear and under a load it will start making boost almost immediately off idle.
Ah Ok I see , thanks. I know these CVT clutches take a bit to wind up before you move, just thought mine might be struggling a bit. ( my first turbo atv ) Feels like I'm trying to pull away with a hand brake on is the best way I can explain it. I guess they are all like this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you ever get them to pull like a chain drive manual ?. I've picked a few brains, recommended stage 3 tune with aftermarket clutch like you say.
Might get a pipe to get rid of the cat or maybe cheaper to cut the cat out and weld a tube there . Is the stock muffler OK with a stage 3 tune (maybe remove some guts) ?. Not worried about the bling of a new exhaust as long as the std one can breath with a tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts