Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
sidewayz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having a hard time understanding how you can put a turbo on the rzr motor and have it be reliable?The motors are engineered to have 55 hp lets say,how can everything hold up when you double the hp?

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts

Thats what I said too 3 years ago but these days they seem to have them figured out so im doing the stage one mcx turbo on my new 2011

·
Registered
247 Posts
The companies that build them really do know what they are doing, I think as long as you stay with in their recommended settings any good turbo kit can be very reliable. Or you can play with boost levels and do a bunch of fixing on your RZR, or as I tell my wife upgrading the RZR!:rofl3:

H

·
0 Posts
I am having a hard time understanding how you can put a turbo on the rzr motor and have it be reliable?The motors are engineered to have 55 hp lets say,how can everything hold up when you double the hp?
Most prodution engines are over engineered to a degree for reliability,some more than others. For example a long standing rumor is that the 70hp Polaris 850Xp engine's basic design has ben tested up to 150 hp...we all know that the ATV/UTV engines are detuned compared to what is possible with the displacement..look at comparable sled engines..
Do some reading over in the Forced Induction section..a lot to learn in there.
As for the rest of the driveline...well...that all depends on when you decide to use your right foot IMO..

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
dont mess around with stage 1, 2, or whatever the different stages are...
"take your RZR to the final stage" 300HP MCX turbo Apex RZR-X!
:run:

H

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the input.I need 5k please:)
Call Rayce at K&T he can get you everything you need for the RZR 4 to have you grinning from ear to ear for a good bit less than 5k...and he will be with you every step of the way...customer service doesn't get any better.

H

·
0 Posts
:rofl3:..there is no such thing as a "final" stage...A 300 HP RZR might get me a little excited though...I think about 150 crank HP is the way they should come from the factory....JMO. But lord knows we have to have someone protect us from ourselves.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
:rofl3:..there is no such thing as a "final" stage...A 300 HP RZR might get me a little excited though...I think about 150 crank HP is the way they should come from the factory....JMO. But lord knows we have to have someone protect us from ourselves.
Ya, I remember when we used to be concerned about the 100HP (prox) that a stage 1 kit would put out... how hard that would be on the drive train.. LOL

H

·
0 Posts
Ya, I remember when we used to be concerned about the 100HP (prox) that a stage 1 kit would put out... how hard that would be on the drive train.. LOL
Yeah..IMO how long the driveline lives at 100 crank hp has alot to do with the operator..I can break stuff with stock power if I was trying..or didn't know any better..when the driveline is in a bind,tire trapped inbtween rocks for instance, or in AWD with the front wheels are turned isn't the time to be happy with loud pedal. Reverse with the front wheels turned is another way to break something quick..basically you just need some understanding of the vunerabilities of a drive line IMO..
With 300hp...well all bets may be off with stock parts...the operator can minimize the carnage in some situatios...but I bet bad juju can happen out of no where..hook a little too good and boomy...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts