Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm ready to bite the bullet and spend the money to get some boost. After all the research I've done I've narrowed it down to 3 kits.Aero charger, K&T, or an MPI super charger.Maybe some input would help me figure it out.Is anyone on here running a super charger? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
You cannot beat the quality of an MPI product.
Remember that with a supercharger, your boost is dependent engine RPM. Therefore, your clutch tuning is very important.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Just fininished my Aerocharger yesterday. The fit and install went great. Plus the guys (Collin ) at Aerocharger really helped with any question. IMHO.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
if you go to aero chargers web site they have installation instructions on line so you can see the entire kit/process ,they were my choice

·
Registered
303 Posts
You cannot beat the quality of an MPI product.
Remember that with a supercharger, your boost is dependent engine RPM. Therefore, your clutch tuning is very important.
got a new Pully coming.......thanks Trey.

MCX also makes a top notch kit that will adjust boost. You can only adjust the boost on MPI supercharger by changing the pully, that is a drawback if you are riding at different altitudes.

H

·
0 Posts
Where do you ride? My concern with the SC would be the exposed belt I looked at the SC when I was deciding which route to go and the exposed belt kind of worried me for trail riding, my luck a branch would find it or it would constantly have dirt running through it..
Another question I asked myself was what would be the benefits of a Supercharger over a Turbo in this application...my list was very short,maybe it doesn't heat the oil as much..but there are options to solve that on a turbo set up as well..and at least one kit doesn't even utilize engine oil for lubrication.
Cool product...I just can't see choosing the SC over a Turbo for this application..but hey maybe I am missing something. JMO

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Ok I'm ready to bite the bullet and spend the money to get some boost. After all the research I've done I've narrowed it down to 3 kits.Aero charger, K&T, or an MPI super charger.Maybe some input would help me figure it out.Is anyone on here running a super charger? Thanks for the help.
For me it's K&T all the way I have installed and ran all of there turbo set-ups from the base package to the mac daddy. And I am equally impressed with the power out put from base package to the mac daddy. I would at least give them a call and talk to them and there having a sale price.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
To me the MCX data logger is invaluable. The ability to record a run and look at how the AFR, RPM, Boost, and TPS are all working is great. You can then also adjust the fuel map and boost to fine tune how it is running.

H

·
0 Posts
To me the MCX data logger is invaluable. The ability to record a run and look at how the AFR, RPM, Boost, and TPS are all working is great. You can then also adjust the fuel map and boost to fine tune how it is running.
I agree Datalogging is a great tuning tool...luckily certain Widebands on the market allow for datalogging AFR,tach,TPS input ect..so you can datalog AFR,RPM,TPS ect...
How does MCX's set up datalog? Is that built into the "proprietary EFI control module"

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I agree Datalogging is a great tuning tool...luckily certain Widebands on the market allow for datalogging AFR,tach,TPS input ect..so you can datalog AFR,RPM,TPS ect...
How does MCX's set up datalog? Is that built into the "proprietary EFI control module"
It is an optional box that you plug into their EFI computer.
I mounted mine to the dash:

You can plug your laptop into it and download the data logs... then make charts to analize the data:

H

·
0 Posts
Ok,I see.
Not trying to jack the thread..hopefully the OP will find this info useful..Will the software also show a spreadsheet with numeric readout? Will it combine all logged parameters into one graph? Does the optional datalogging kit incorporate a Map sensor..GM? Or is that part of the base kit? Just curious, I like tuning and I've used a few datalogging set ups...just curious how plug and play/user friendly thr MCX set up is.

·
Grandpa
755 Posts
Don't forget to check with c2turbo on his MCX air to water kits if you haven't already. pm sent

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Ok,I see.
Not trying to jack the thread..hopefully the OP will find this info useful..Will the software also show a spreadsheet with numeric readout? Will it combine all logged parameters into one graph? Does the optional datalogging kit incorporate a Map sensor..GM? Or is that part of the base kit? Just curious, I like tuning and I've used a few datalogging set ups...just curious how plug and play/user friendly thr MCX set up is.
The MCX EFI box has the MAP sensor and it is included in the base kit. as boost increases the EFI box adds fuel. It also automatically raises the boost to compensate for changes in altitude.
You need the data logger to read the MAP. The base kit comes with an analog boost gauge.
The data logger also comes with an O2 sensor and the Mega Squirt software.
The data logs are in a spreadsheet form. I used excel to make the charts. So you can make the charts include whatever data you want.

Here is the EFI box that the data logger plugs into:

and a sample of the data chart:

As you can see on the chart there are some things that it can record that are not connected, like exhaust gas temp and manifold air temp. I mainly look at the AFR, MAP, RPM, and Lambda.

I mounted the data logger above the steering wheel. I usually keep it on the AFR screen. That way I have the analog boost gauge, the AFR on the data logger, and the RPM on the cluster. Here is how it looks with the Apex cluster:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok,I see.
The MCX EFI box has the MAP sensor and it is included in the base kit. as boost increases the EFI box adds fuel. It also automatically raises the boost to compensate for changes in altitude.
You need the data logger to read the MAP. The base kit comes with an analog boost gauge.
The data logger also comes with an O2 sensor and the Mega Squirt software.
The data logs are in a spreadsheet form. I used excel to make the charts. So you can make the charts include whatever data you want.

Here is the EFI box that the data logger plugs into:

and a sample of the data chart:

As you can see on the chart there are some things that it can record that are not connected, like exhaust gas temp and manifold air temp. I mainly look at the AFR, MAP, RPM, and Lambda.

I mounted the data logger above the steering wheel. I usually keep it on the AFR screen. That way I have the analog boost gauge, the AFR on the data logger, and the RPM on the cluster. Here is how it looks with the Apex cluster:

Damn cliff, I say that setup takes the cake! You did a great job.

To the op - Get on the phone with the companys you have it narrowed down to and present them with list of questions and overall budget. They are all great companies and I'm sure you'll be happy with the overall outcome:ride:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts