Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of dropping a busa in rzr s and was wondering if you would be able to make a turbo system that would work for my application. have tons of room to mount turbo manifold and turbo like they do on the bikes...
thanks Ricks

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
Trey (MCX-USA) is in Sweden for a couple weeks visiting the factory (MCXpress), so he may not get right back to your post.
But I am sure he can help you.
The MCXpress factory does have a turbo kit for the Hyabusa street bike on their website: MCXpress, supreme of the extreme http://www.mcx.se

Click on "turbo kits" and "bikes" to get more info on it. Are you sure 315HP will be enough? LOL

:ride:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
To all you guys with negative remarks.......Keep them to yourselves!
Was asking if the power will bend or twist the frame a negative remark? Not sure why half of this thread has been deleted? This forum should be open to opinions of all RZR owners here! Some of the censorship here is getting out of hand. Can't we all just get along and enjoy talking about RZRs and leave our personal emotions out of it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
using the same company as cheeks for the rearend 2wd forward only will get some pictures up soon welding frame back together in the next couple of days to come. 6 inch is the magic number for the frame strectch.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
Was asking if the power will bend or twist the frame a negative remark? Not sure why half of this thread has been deleted? This forum should be open to opinions of all RZR owners here! Some of the censorship here is getting out of hand. Can't we all just get along and enjoy talking about RZRs and leave our personal emotions out of it?
do a search on youtube for moreeb races in dubai. The high HP rzrs with turbos, nos, and engine swaps are tearing up a big dune and in a few of them you can see the front right tire coming off the sand... so they might be twisting the frame from engine and drive train torque. "ripping it in half" like you previously posted probably isn't an issue.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,927 Posts
OK, well beings that all of my posts are deleated, with the obove post in its place....I'm going to assume (there is that word) that you are directly talking to me.

How was I being negative?? Asking if a chassis can handle a stock motor that puts out 180 hp....let alone a turbo on top of that.....well over 200hp

Yes, the you tube vid....if its the one I'm thinking of (dubi?) where they are racing strait into a hill, insane power, and yes, you can actually see the chassis flex.

I also have a friend that has said motor (stock) in his mini rail....the motor is violent to say the least (then stack a turbo on it)

If I recall I even ended with 'lets built it!!!'

I use these '!!!!!!!!' to put the right tone of voice to it (excitement!!!!)

Now.....I have to say, I love this forum, in fact I was thinking to myself that this forum is by far the nicest group of people in ANY forum that I have ever came across.

Sooo. I'm hoping that there is a misunderstanding of some sort....or a bad day, or maybe both

....and hoping to see this hopeful build come together.

I apologise to the origional poster (big dog?) for hijacking the crap out of his thread

....end hijack

·
Premium Member
13,576 Posts
OK, well beings that all of my posts are deleated, with the obove post in its place....I'm going to assume (there is that word) that you are directly talking to me.

How was I being negative?? Asking if a chassis can handle a stock motor that puts out 180 hp....let alone a turbo on top of that.....well over 200hp

Yes, the you tube vid....if its the one I'm thinking of (dubi?) where they are racing strait into a hill, insane power, and yes, you can actually see the chassis flex.

I also have a friend that has said motor (stock) in his mini rail....the motor is violent to say the least (then stack a turbo on it)

If I recall I even ended with 'lets built it!!!'

I use these '!!!!!!!!' to put the right tone of voice to it (excitement!!!!)

Now.....I have to say, I love this forum, in fact I was thinking to myself that this forum is by far the nicest group of people in ANY forum that I have ever came across.

Sooo. I'm hoping that there is a misunderstanding of some sort....or a bad day, or maybe both

....and hoping to see this hopeful build come together.

I apologise to the origional poster (big dog?) for hijacking the crap out of his thread

....end hijack
PM Sent

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,927 Posts
ok, who is filling that out??

your are going to have to fax it if you want me to do it.

....thats funny

Get this thread back on track

So we going to get some pics of this thing??
Are you using the Jeffco rearend??
Are you retaining your AWD?
Keeping the CVT?
Just going to use it in the sand?

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Anything is possible...we already do turbo kits for this motor, it's just a matter of fitment in the RZR that makes it different, but as far as working well, it will do just fine. It would need to be brought to our shop in Salida, CO to do so, though. So, if you're serious about it, send an email to us off our website: MCX-USA High Performance Turbo Kits for UTV and Trey or myself will follow up with you from there.

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
ok, who is filling that out??

your are going to have to fax it if you want me to do it.

....thats funny

Keeping the CVT?

I didn't see all the post before the creative editing, so I don't know who should fill it out......but someones ass is sore...:rofl3:

·
Registered
15,932 Posts

Keeping the CVT?
He answered some questions already:

using the same company as cheeks for the rearend 2wd forward only will get some pictures up soon welding frame back together in the next couple of days to come. 6 inch is the magic number for the frame strectch.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My turbo Hayabusa dyno numbers at the back wheel were 366 on pump gas. I don't know how much it made on race fuel, somewhere around 425 when the back tire started spinning. I said I was more than happy, now just get it off there and let me ride it.

I want to see videos of this thing. It is going to rip!

If I didn't have the Weber in mine I would seriously think about installing the spare turbo busa motor I have sitting in the corner.

Oh well, I will settle for watching Bigdog videos. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My turbo Hayabusa dyno numbers at the back wheel were 366 on pump gas. I don't know how much it made on race fuel, somewhere around 425 when the back tire started spinning. I said I was more than happy, now just get it off there and let me ride it.

If I didn't have the Weber in mine I would seriously think about installing the spare turbo busa motor I have sitting in the corner.

Which year is the spare engine?????

·
Registered
980 Posts

Which year is the spare engine?????
2003 2300 miles

·
Registered
699 Posts
Last year there was a crazy SOB racing a TWIN turbo BUSA in the dirt. He would dig a trench from start to finish while throwing softball sized clods of dirt in the air. I haven't seen him this year, wife probably made him park it...LoL.

Note the angle iron bolted to the knobby for more traction.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.