Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Tuning an XP1000 w/ Packard turbo kit

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  C-Ash12 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I’ve searched and searched looking to see if this has been covered and my apologies if it has but I could not find anything.
To start, I have a 2015 xp4 1k that I recently purchased a Packard standard turbo kit for secondhand. I’ve been wanting to boost mine and the deal was too good to pass up. What I am wondering in all my searching for different tuners and fuel controllers is what the proper route to go is. I assume a need to flash the ECU, have a local evo dealer that will probably hook my up there. But from what I understand the flash will only get me so far. So for the proper Afr’s do I need to run a power commander to fine tune? Is the auto tune add on worth the extra $? I’ve seen the power vision 3 claiming to be its own tuner and essentially eliminate the need for an ecu flash. Is this so and if it is will it also allow me to fine tune my afr’s? Just looking for someone with experience doing a turbo kit on a 1000 to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Sorry, I don't have any info for you...but I'm curious where this goes.

Maybe a call to pakard or dealer. I imagine when they supply the kit, they have a specific tune/tuner for that system...or do they leave thst to the buyer to figure out?

Best of luck

#3 ·
I will probably go ahead and call Packard and just see why they say, however they discontinued this kit before some of this newer tuning software was available which kinda leads me to believe they won’t have a ton of info. I know when the kit was available to buy from them you could give them an extra $1k and they would do all the tuning and clutching on the machine for you but if you didn’t go through them (like me) I think you’re kinda on your own. I’ll give em a call today and find out though!

#4 ·
Hopefully they are good enough to still do the tuning for you, or can point you in the right direction.

I think someone is going to have to live tune it unless they have already had experience with that kit. I don't think you can just throw some random tunes on it. It should have to be specific to that system .

Maybe try aftermarket assassin's or bikeman i think. They seem to be 2 popular choices on tunes.

#5 ·
If you're not going stand alone or having someone dyno tune for you, than I would say Power vision 3 with the WBCX AFR kit. Choose a tuner who's willing to work on someone else's kit if you don't want Packard. They'll send you a base tune, you follow instructions and log, emailing tunes and logs back and forth until you get it right. This will probably not be the same price as there set stage tunes that they already have mostly done and only needs fine tuning.

#6 ·
Alright little update on the setup, got the kit all installed, everything is looking good and went on pretty smoothly. It’s been kinda tough getting much for answers from anybody with the holidays the last couple weeks but from what I’ve gathered I’ll be able to get a custom tune from Packard on a PowerVision 3 programmer that’ll get me close. From there I will have it Dyno tuned by my local shop to get it dialed in a little better and hopefully be good to go from there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.