Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been trying to read through all this great information and I have decided to spend a few dollars on a tuner or dual spring setup. I have a 2018 RZR 900S/EPS and it seems finding a tuner (or tune) that works with actual user feed back is lacking. Super ATV's tuner seems to get good reviews and the price is good. But they are out of stock right now. I haven't found anyone else that make a plug in tuner around that price. I know there are custom tuners out there but they seem to be over $500 and there is no really good feed back on them. My other option is dual springs setup. I have looked at RTPro, Schmidty, Shock Therapy and a few others. There seems to be no clear winner or looser and price vary from $600 and up. I know I can build my own dual setup, but I have not found anyone that has posted a shopping list of what to buy or where. It seems like the info is scattered or I missed something.

So I'm looking for some feed back if you had one or the other to choose and why. I know from my early years in racing ATV's that suspension was always first. Having more HP is useless unless you keep all the tires on the ground. I don't jump my Rzr a lot, and we ride in the Woods in Indiana and the states surrounding. The factory springs seem to do a decent job and I can't really complain about them too much. That is why I was just thinking a tune for now and springs later once I get some more time on my springs to sag.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think you answered your own question. "I know from my early years in racing ATV's that suspension was always first. Having more HP is useless unless you keep all the tires on the ground. "

My brother has a 1000s. He did the springs first and it made a world of difference. He also has the Super ATV tuner and hunterworks clutch and has be pleased with it. I think a clutch kit and tuner complement each other. I'd get the springs and then save up and do a clutch and tuner together.

Aftermarket Assasins has real good reviews on their tuners. That's who I went with for my tune and clutch but weather hasn't let me get out to get a good feel of their tune. I have an RS1. So far my springs have been OK for me but I'll probably go with Eibach in the future. I've always had good luck with their springs.

·
craigstumph
10,850 Posts
I have and use Eibach on all my machines (Turbo S, X3, and RS1). We have an Eibach sale going on right now at 20% off. We also have Aftermarket Assassins Tunes with the Dynojet PV3 tuner. Let me know if we can help. Call, PM or text. We are here to help and use the products we sell. We also have forum discounts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have and use Eibach on all my machines (Turbo S, X3, and RS1). We have an Eibach sale going on right now at 20% off. We also have Aftermarket Assassins Tunes with the Dynojet PV3 tuner. Let me know if we can help. Call, PM or text. We are here to help and use the products we sell. We also have forum discounts.
I think I sent you a PM if I did it correctly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've done both ways, because I do everything the hard way first..
therebel19 is speaking the way of the wise.
Suspension first speed later. Your body, machine and passengers will thankyou

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do like the shock therapy springs. It seems like they ask a lot more questions on how your ride is setup with options. I guess you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Look up the "Budget Spring kits" thread in this subforum.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
like said you answered your own question, suspension =+speed. If your in Az. Red Dog Suspension was awesome.

·
Vendor
188 Posts
Killer deal on Power and speed kit from Bikeman right now - normally Only $749.95 retail BUT with special discount code SOC-DIST-20 it is only $599.96!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Want to get both buy Rzr aid springs for 250 and buy the Suprr ATV tuner for 250. 500 you have both. Now the rzr aid will not be the ST or RT but it does improve ride alot and gives you about 1 to 2 inches extra height. I run them on my 1000s very pleased for the money. If later on you want the more expensive springs you can sell those others and not lose much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vtpraire,
Where are you seeing the Suprr ATV tuner for $250? Last time they had any they were $379.00
I think I have decided on buying the shock therapy springs. I'd rather do it right the 1st time and not have to mess with them again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
379 if you get both tunes. Message Superatv on here and you can get a discount code. 299 for one tune which is all you really need. I hear ya on the springs it just wasn't in my budget. I think Bandit makes a decent spring might be worth checking out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts