Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm adding a second battery. The isolator has two mounting holes. Each less than 1/8" diameter. Tiny. Don't want to drill them out because the unit is sealed against moisture. Mounting it behind seat on angled back on my XP1000. Thinking just use a silicone adhesive to mount it. I also am adding a waterproof 100 amp breaker. Any reason why I can't use a silicone adhesive to mount them?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest screw that would fit is 3mm. But I got some and have a riv nut kit with 3mm nut, so I will give that a try maybe. still thinking silicone adhesive would work. Don't want a tiny nut on back side that would rust off in two years.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
In those type of situations I will usually make up a plate that I mount the item(s) to and then mount that plate to the machine with appropriate hardware. I would not trust an adhesive to hold something that could potentially short to the frame. If you go that route, I'd at least drill a couple holes and run some zip ties around as a backup.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wound up using Permatex rtv silicone adhesive to hold it in place. Seems pretty solid. I was worried that the tiny 3mm bolt and or nut would rust off too easy. I don't know why they make the mounting holes so tiny. Used 1/4-20 riv nuts and bolts for the 100 amp breaker I am using.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mlsdev.com - This toolkit is free and open-source and allows developers to build cross-platform applications. It also features an OTA update system, allowing developers to easily share the latest versions of their applications with their users. It offers plenty of libraries and great documentation to help developers create the best apps possible. Moreover, 42% of developers use Flutter as their primary cross-platform mobile framework. That makes it one of the most popular mobile development tools worldwide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts