Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Twisted Stitch bench seat for the front of my xp 900. When installing I noticed the factory seat bases are solid all the way across. Does this make the seat not work as it should? It seems to me that it would be easy to bottom out with it this way.....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have the same exact bench. You are correct you either have to cut the middle out of the plastic bases or buy an aftermarket seat base like utvinc. Keep in mind if you cut the middle out of plastic bases probably just gonna fall to pieces. Get aftermarket base to allow yourself to float on parachute cord suspended. I did utvinc seat base lowering kit. Works

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I have the same exact bench. You are correct you either have to cut the middle out of the plastic bases or buy an aftermarket seat base like utvinc. Keep in mind if you cut the middle out of plastic bases probably just gonna fall to pieces. Get aftermarket base to allow yourself to float on parachute cord suspended. I did utvinc seat base lowering kit. Works
Plus 2 :ride:
(I don't have the bench but same thing)
I have the twisted stitch Vortex 4.0's and UTVinc lowering bases, 200% if not more, better than stock!!!
Thanks T.S and UTVinc, my back side is Happy!!!!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree that sitting on top of the plastic base limits the suspension travel of the seat, but customer desire for the lowest possible seat has brought us to where we are today. We had some seats in the past that ran taller mounting bases that allowed for some space above the plastic base, but they did not sell well when the customers realized that they sat higher. So as a result, we lowered the bases and limited the amount of travel, and sales on those seats immediately increased. I do agree, but I had to do what they asked for.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My question is answered! I am already very happy with the comfort of the new seat! I noticed a slight bottoming feeling in big g-outs so I figured it would be the bases.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you sell a aftermarket seat base Twisted Stitch?
Bradlineberry, did you have any clearance issues with the lowering bases? With the stock bases it seems like the bar that runs along the rear bottom of the seat is touching the engine cover already?...

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have the 3 seat bench in the front of my 2 seat 2012 XP. I used the UTV Inc lowering bases. To get them to work I had to basically lower the latch on the base. Normally you take the whole latch assembly and mount it to the top of the base (side the seat bottom surace mounts to). Well at least thats what I assumed, my bases came with no instructions. Even with the spacer on the post, and attempting to use multiple spacers I could not get it to latch down. Either it was too far forward so the seat would hit the shifter console, or it was too far back that the seat back would hit. I ended up taking that thin black part of the latch assembly with the hole in it and putting it on the bottom of the base. The thick plastic part with the spring and the metal plate went on the seat side of the base. This basically lowered the latch. I still had to use the included spacers on the posts. There is basically no margin for adjustment. Move it forward and the seat hits the shifter console, move it back and it hits the back. Either way it wont latch down. Get it just right and it will latch just fine. I'm 5'11" tall and find it fine. There is definitely a difference in the feel with the bases. Now is a good time to pick up a set, they are on sale and they are running 10% off for the holiday as well. Hope this helps somebody. I wasted a whole lot of time getting this figured out.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have the 3 seat bench in the front of my 2 seat 2012 XP. I used the UTV Inc lowering bases. To get them to work I had to basically lower the latch on the base. Normally you take the whole latch assembly and mount it to the top of the base (side the seat bottom surace mounts to). Well at least thats what I assumed, my bases came with no instructions. Even with the spacer on the post, and attempting to use multiple spacers I could not get it to latch down. Either it was too far forward so the seat would hit the shifter console, or it was too far back that the seat back would hit. I ended up taking that thin black part of the latch assembly with the hole in it and putting it on the bottom of the base. The thick plastic part with the spring and the metal plate went on the seat side of the base. This basically lowered the latch. I still had to use the included spacers on the posts. There is basically no margin for adjustment. Move it forward and the seat hits the shifter console, move it back and it hits the back. Either way it wont latch down. Get it just right and it will latch just fine. I'm 5'11" tall and find it fine. There is definitely a difference in the feel with the bases. Now is a good time to pick up a set, they are on sale and they are running 10% off for the holiday as well. Hope this helps somebody. I wasted a whole lot of time getting this figured out.
Exactly what he said. I just trimmed the plastics a bit. And i did have to put extra spacer on latch pin.
Would i do it again? YES

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for posting this tip. This is exactly what I ended having to do with my TS bench seat on my 2009 RZR S. Seat latches in nicely now and is much more stable than it was with the plastic bases. It is nice to be able to get the true feel of the suspension seats now with the plastic bases removed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts