Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running 32” Pro Crawler xg on 14”MSA headlock wheels.. Thinking about going to a truck tiire on a 15” wheels. Mostly trail riding and dirt/chipseal roads. Wanting opinions on whether this is a bad idea or not! I’ve heard people say that truck tires are too heavy compared to utv tires and it’ll make my ride a dog and trash out the clutches. Just wanted something with a harder compound that will last and truck tires are much cheaper. Any input would be appreciated. Thx

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,712 Posts
It's not my favorite idea by any means, but it has been done by many. They are heavy and stiff compared to a UTV tire for the most part, so what you've heard is pretty accurate, but a lot of that depends on your right foot and use as well. They are however incredibly durable on a UTV, and you will have great longevity with very small chances of punctures or sidewall tears.

If i were looking for a hard compound tire for your use, I would probably go with the Maxxis Liberty or System 3 RT320 UTV tire.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I had 31” Swamper LTBs on my XP4 for 1,699 miles and loved them aside from the small size. They did take a lot of grooving to clean out well but the sidewalls are bulletproof and they will last forever.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's not my favorite idea by any means, but it has been done by many. They are heavy and stiff compared to a UTV tire for the most part, so what you've heard is pretty accurate, but a lot of that depends on your right foot and use as well. They are however incredibly durable on a UTV, and you will have great longevity with very small chances of punctures or sidewall tears.

If i were looking for a hard compound tire for your use, I would probably go with the Maxxis Liberty or System 3 RT320 UTV tire.
How do the libertys compare to the tusk Terrabite 8 ply? I am running those now. I like them, but man the AZ desert is shredding them. Wondering if the liberty, the carnivore or the tusk terrabite 10 ply would be best the next round.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,712 Posts
The Liberty has a substantially less aggressive tread pattern than the terrabite or carnivore. I would say that would be a better, smoother, and longer lasting tire in the AZ desert.
How do the libertys compare to the tusk Terrabite 8 ply? I am running those now. I like them, but man the AZ desert is shredding them. Wondering if the liberty, the carnivore or the tusk terrabite 10 ply would be best the next round.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The Liberty has a substantially less aggressive tread pattern than the terrabite or carnivore. I would say that would be a better, smoother, and longer lasting tire in the AZ desert.
By chance do you know the actual height of the liberty? I can find the weight just not the true height.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,712 Posts
Wait, I come to you for the plethora of knowledge you have, and you let me down now? Haha, just kidding Rich. Your wealth of knowledge you share with us all is unbelievable! Thank you.
I tried! lol. Real world specific data like that is often the hardest to find, especially in tire size, because most people just take it for granted, or don't care much beyond the number stamped on the sidewall. I think you should find out and let us all know tho!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I tried! lol. Real world specific data like that is often the hardest to find, especially in tire size, because most people just take it for granted, or don't care much beyond the number stamped on the sidewall. I think you should find out and let us all know tho!
Will do!

·
Registered
331 Posts
According to Maxxis.... directly from them. The liberty is true to size in the 32” it is 32”. The 30” is actually 30.5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts