Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 RZR 1000S

Riding some Hills today, nothing too crazy -- Coming down an incline, almost at bottom of hill and engine breaking almost to a halt -- I give it some gas, and burning smoke! I thought the thing was on fire. It started squealing and I shut it down. Once I found out it wasn't on fire and it cooled down, I started it up in park and it squealed again and I couldn't shift into High, only low -- It was running fine in low and got half way back to my cabin and I tried to shift to High and it did go into high, but it was forceful --Still squealing at idle -- Will a bad belt cause the shifting issue Im explaining or does this sound like clutch issues? 2800 Miles

I can handle changing the Belt, but I also have an extended service contract on the Machine-- So do I try the belt change first,or take it in and wish for the best?

·
Smooth Moderator
3,209 Posts
A bad belt won't cause your issue, but a worn out clutch will. It it's the original clutch with 2800 miles on it, i'm guessing its worn out and sticking. Secondary may have wear too. With what you described, your belt is toast at this point. You'll need to pull the cover and take a look. By guess is that you'll need a new primary, primary clutch weights and new belt. Secondary you'll have to look at.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Quick reply - A quick review of Youtube videos, the primary looks pretty straight forward- Looks like Dalton is a good choice?

·
Vendor
10,234 Posts
Thanks for the Quick reply - A quick review of Youtube videos, the primary looks pretty straight forward- Looks like Dalton is a good choice?
If you are interested in the Dalton we have them in stock however, I would not buy one until the issue is fixed.

You may have a worn secondary from the square pucks if you have not repacked them already with our round rollers.

The squealing and hard shifting is certainly a primary issue, read this article below and has some pics to help you determine the issue.

https://www.hunterworks.com/grinding_into_gear_creeping

Then feel free to call me to discuss what you have going on.

Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts