Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are they thinking? The top fin of the quick disconnect half windshield is bent back toward the cockpit!!!! I prefer no windshield to that POS!!!!

I clamped the windshield to a card table and clamped two 2x4's to the "fin". Hit it with the heat gun. I was able to move the fin into a straight up position but darned if I can get it to go any further with my crude tools.

Doesn't anyone from Polaris test these damn things? :rm_thumbdown:

So into the dumpster!!! :rollfinger:

I've decided on a full windshield but it again a quick release. I hope this one works better!!!!

I want a quick release vs a more permanent mount is I want to take it off for dunes and summer riding. :ride:

G

·
There was a thread about this no too long ago..want to say verdict was some were made wrong..with the lip facing rearward.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I guess it's too late, but Seems like I heard people were flipping them someway... Go with the emp one... It's a lot better...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the (fin) points outward .

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
No, actually the fin points inwards. No, I'm not so stupid I have it on backwards. The sides of the shield are curved to go around the roll cage plus it all ready came with the quick disconnects attached to the glass.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Like Highoctane said above, it appears as though some were made with the lip pointing in towards the cab. That is not the correct way. Every other 1/2 windshield out there has the lip pointing forward, toward the headlights. Sounds like you just got one of the bad ones. Popo should make it good.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Actually the (fin) points outward .

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
No, actually the fin points inwards. No, I'm not so stupid I have it on backwards. The sides of the shield are curved to go around the roll cage plus it all ready came with the quick disconnects attached to the glass.
Not calling you stupid, and I could be wrong. But it seems like some were removing the quick connects and cutting the sides or something... Then they were able to flip it... I know it's to much work for a new part...

Here is some threads about it... The first and third one is the one I read about a guy flipping it...

http://www.rzrforums.net/showthread.php?p=1016157

http://www.rzrforums.net/showthread.php?p=962599

http://www.rzrforums.net/showthread.php?p=4

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
"So into the dumpster!!!"

Don't dumpster the thing.
Pay it forward to a member that could maybe use it in some fashion.
Have them pay shipping.
Just a suggestion.

Doug

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a pic of what it looks like now. The fin used to lean back into the cockpit and I have been able to straighten it up but can't seem to get it any further.

I also accidently hit the glass with the hot tip of the heat gun and put some smears just below the "joint".

Now I'm thinking to remove the clips and mount them on a new sheet of plastic that I could make into a full windshield and save 300 bucks!!!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Now your thinking!
I thought about making some side wind deflectors back when I didn't have doors.
Maybe you could use the old one for something like that.
Sort of what Gold Wing motorcycles use.
Crazy I know,but I just wanted to try it.
I never got around to it.
Life got in the way.:)

Doug

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
Take it to someone with a metal break. It will bend right over. I made my own windshield, and also made one for my ezgo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts