Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys that have the Polaris RZR Prospector Pro-S Tracks.

I have a few questions that I hope ya can help me out with if ya can.

After taking the tracks off do you leave the mounting brackets on or do you take them off?

Are there any tricks or secrets I need to know about?

I have basic mechanical aptitude meaning I can turn a wrench and stuff.

Should I get someone with more skills or will I be all right?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone running tracks on their RZR with the Intel I need...................Over

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too just bought a pair of the Prospector Pro S for my new RZR and heard should use grade 8 bolts as some have had problems breaking the bolts off. Would appreciate any one knowing about these track kits. Have never had or seen any yet, Thank You Ed

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Know what pisses me off is the dam tourque page in the instruction manual has english and spanish on the same effing page so I keep looking at spanish when trying to figure out the tourque on a dozen different bolts in english...................jeeesh

Is it really that intense that ya gotta retourque bolts all the time....I just wanna ride

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ed are you way north or southern Maine?

I checked out the Southern Maine ATV club park in the Berwicks and didnt have the machines so couldnt check the trails......do ya know what their like?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Otay I dun answered some of my own questions.

I orderd the Prospector Pro-S Tacks.

The dealer put on the mounting brackets and then installed the tracks to ensure proper application.

I trailered her home and had alotta mods to do so My daughters Bo helped me out.

We tackled the tracks first and proceeded to take them off the RZR in a slow methodical way so not to mix parts or miss anything because the manual for the tracks sucks.

As far as the tracks being complicated, well they are not at all.

It was fairly simple to remove them and they had a large type of application with plates and carriage bolts that we took apart and then reassembled them on the track after it was off the machine so we would know the order in which the washers bolts and brackets went.

I labeled everything for which side passenger or driver and which direction mounts went because I wont put the tracks on again until the snow flys and that could be months.

If you dont have or use A-arm protectors there is really no reason why you couldnt leave the mounting brackets for the tracks on the machine so long as you are conscious of the brackets when off trail riding because some parts of the track brackets pertrude.

If you do have A-arm protectors and you want them on when running wheels you must take the track mounting brackets off because they severely obstruct you from mounting your A-arm protectors and there is no way you can have both track mounts and A-arm protectors on because they just wont work together.

This is something the vendors should take note of if they already dont have knowledge of the situation that if you run tracks you cant run your A-arm protectors.

Unless there is a design out there that I am not aware of for A-arm protectors and track mounts being able to be applied together?

I was impressed at the simplicity of the design and its application to the RZR.

The only driving and or operation of the tracks was limited to my yard and on/of the trailer but they seemed very manuverable even W/O power steering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts