Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my story. Bought my RZR used, 3 months old and 35 miles on it. I put another 100 on it and warranty ran out in March. Two weeks ago while using it to work around the house, the transmission "exploded" (dealer service dept words). It will require a new transmission, $2000 in parts, almost @1000 in labor!! What a kick in the nu!s that was!!! I've read other stories here and have not heard any where Polaris was any help. Am I SOL? Has anybody had any luck getting any reimbursment? Was there some kind of chanfe to the trans around 5/17/10 ? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
when you say it exploded ... what is it doing ...or not doing?

another broken shaft guys ... like mine ... I can see a dealer saying it needs a trans/tranfer and it is a $120.00 part

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked them to keep all of the parts. this dealer is pretty trustworthy, sponsers our local club. They said bearings were in pieces and case was cracked. I'll find out Thursday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I let the dealer install a new one. I'm afraid of buying someone else's problems. I'll replace bearings, u joints, cv's etc. From reading all the forums, I'd try the front end, if I have to. I'm going to try to find out if my front end may have the metal carriage in it instead of plastic one. I'd hope it would stand up to what little abuse I'd put it through. I like riding and had Sportsmans for the last 8 years. I did my share of burying them in mud holes. I just got tired of spending hours cleaning them. I'll let the younger gang slug it out in the mud these days.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a similar situation with my RZR S. I bough it used and about 3 weeks after the factory warranty ran out it slung a rod out of the engine and broke the starter off the mounts. I read allot of horror stories about Polaris not even honoring warranties that were still active if there were add on's to the engine an such. I took a chance and took it to the dealer where I bough my Victory 8Ball and they took pictures of the hole in the engine, the snorkel kit and the 29.5 outlaws and sent in. Took about a week but they called me back and Polaris gave the OK for a new engine without even having them tear down the ruined engine. My new engine arrives at the dealer Monday and I'll have a brand new engine minus the labor to take the old one out and install the new one. I'm not sure if its the volume of RZR's and Victory motorcycles that they sell but they definitely won me over with there's and Polaris's service.

Lance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.