Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search the Posts and couldn't find anything on this. I was checking all my oil levels and discovered the transmission oil is about 1/2" below the check level plug (I have under 10hrs on a RZRs with no leaks). The service manual states to use part#2873602 AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant (qt). When I purchased the oil, didn't realize it was "PLUS" - AGL "PLUS" Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant, part #2878068 (qt). Is this the same oil and can I use it safely in the machine? Also, in looking at the existing transmission fluid, it is not purple, but clear/amber and feels thicker that the PLUS stuff. Is this a brake-in oil and can it be mixed with the purple Plus to top the tranny off?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Your wonderful dealer did not check the fluid levels.
Happens a lot, I had to top off all my fluids except the motor.
Cost me about $30.00 but I let them know and got it back with other issues.

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
Search the Posts and couldn't find anything on this. I was checking all my oil levels and discovered the transmission oil is about 1/2" below the check level plug (I have under 10hrs on a RZRs with no leaks). The service manual states to use part#2873602 AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant (qt). When I purchased the oil, didn't realize it was "PLUS" - AGL "PLUS" Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant, part #2878068 (qt). Is this the same oil and can I use it safely in the machine? Also, in looking at the existing transmission fluid, it is not purple, but clear/amber and feels thicker that the PLUS stuff. Is this a brake-in oil and can it be mixed with the purple Plus to top the tranny off?

Thanks,

Tom
The clear fluid is the break-in lube, you may as well dump it and start fresh.............

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info on this........FYI......the price posted on the bottle was $12.95 (13 buxs) when I got to the cashier, the computer tried to get me for $15.95 (the new price). She let it go for the old price after talking to the parts guy. Never again!! I will use another provider of fine tranny oil.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Thanks for all the info on this........FYI......the price posted on the bottle was $12.95 (13 buxs) when I got to the cashier, the computer tried to get me for $15.95 (the new price). She let it go for the old price after talking to the parts guy. Never again!! I will use another provider of fine tranny oil.
DO NOT try that with the front diff, you'll be sorry. It needs the additives in it that hilliard differentials requires.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts

Thanks,

Tom
The clear fluid is the break-in lube, you may as well dump it and start fresh.............
My AGL Plus bottle says all the same info on it, except it also says plus.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks MotoXXX and 10-4 on the front diff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.