Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search the Posts and couldn't find anything on this. I was checking all my oil levels and discovered the transmission oil is about 1/2" below the check level plug (I have under 10hrs on a RZRs with no leaks). The service manual states to use part#2873602 AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant (qt). When I purchased the oil, didn't realize it was "PLUS" - AGL "PLUS" Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant, part #2878068 (qt). Is this the same oil and can I use it safely in the machine? Also, in looking at the existing transmission fluid, it is not purple, but clear/amber and feels thicker that the PLUS stuff. Is this a brake-in oil and can it be mixed with the purple Plus to top the tranny off?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Your wonderful dealer did not check the fluid levels.
Happens a lot, I had to top off all my fluids except the motor.
Cost me about $30.00 but I let them know and got it back with other issues.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I sent my wife to Coos Bay when we were at Dunefest for some AGL and that is what they sold her...AGL plus, I used it..for 13 bux a quart it better be good chit! You use it in the transmission and the transfer case. Angle drive fluid (ADF) in the rear diff, and demand drive LT in the front diff.

·
Premium Member
13,576 Posts
Search the Posts and couldn't find anything on this. I was checking all my oil levels and discovered the transmission oil is about 1/2" below the check level plug (I have under 10hrs on a RZRs with no leaks). The service manual states to use part#2873602 AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant (qt). When I purchased the oil, didn't realize it was "PLUS" - AGL "PLUS" Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant, part #2878068 (qt). Is this the same oil and can I use it safely in the machine? Also, in looking at the existing transmission fluid, it is not purple, but clear/amber and feels thicker that the PLUS stuff. Is this a brake-in oil and can it be mixed with the purple Plus to top the tranny off?

Thanks,

Tom
The clear fluid is the break-in lube, you may as well dump it and start fresh.............

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info on this........FYI......the price posted on the bottle was $12.95 (13 buxs) when I got to the cashier, the computer tried to get me for $15.95 (the new price). She let it go for the old price after talking to the parts guy. Never again!! I will use another provider of fine tranny oil.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Thanks for all the info on this........FYI......the price posted on the bottle was $12.95 (13 buxs) when I got to the cashier, the computer tried to get me for $15.95 (the new price). She let it go for the old price after talking to the parts guy. Never again!! I will use another provider of fine tranny oil.
DO NOT try that with the front diff, you'll be sorry. It needs the additives in it that hilliard differentials requires.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts

Thanks,

Tom
The clear fluid is the break-in lube, you may as well dump it and start fresh.............
My AGL Plus bottle says all the same info on it, except it also says plus.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks MotoXXX and 10-4 on the front diff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.