Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new the forum, and new to the SXS scene, been riding bikes and quads for years though. I bought a used 2010 RZR-S from a dealership a few weeks ago, it had 46 hours on it and 240 miles, boat load of upgrades with some blemishes on the plastics from being owned by a jackass.

I took it out this weekend and I got in a pretty bad wreck, I endoed it off of a razorback and it rolled down the hill 3 times. My wife an I are pretty shook up, she has some cervical strain, but thankfully no major problems other than sprains, bruises and stress.

The roll cage is smashed in pretty bad, plastics are trashed etc. It doesn't seem like there are any mechanical problems, but the transmission now makes a whining sound, it sounds like a gear drive on a V8 engine. It isn't there when idling, and it is most noticable when I am cruising at about half throttle or on decel (which I've read seems to be normal). When I floor it, I don't really hear it, but it could be drown out by exhaust. It's there in 4wd and 2wd, so I don't think it's transfer case related.

Also, while driving it back to camp, the speedometer was working, then it started to slowly drop, then it just stopped altogether. The needle is dead now and won't move, the rest of the dash functions seem to be OK. The wrench light flashes on and off here and there for some reason.

The RZR has insurance, and I'm taking it to a dealership to be repaired, but I want to know what this is so I can get it resolved now, rather than 3 months down the road and the insurance no covering it. I am also thinking about having them fix the 2010 tranny problem I've been reading about while they are in there, this one was built in Feb 2010.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your crash.

The sound could be lots of things... possibly the clutch and not the transmission.
The speedometer pickup sensor is on the transmission though. might be related to the noise.

The flashing wrench just means it hit 50 hours and is ready for an oil change (or whatever interval it was set for).

Check my signature for free downloads that will help you out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts