Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced one of these yet? How difficult is it? I can't tell if it is a seal with a lip that needs to be replaced from the inside of the transmission, or if it's a seal that can be pulled out and pressed back in? At any rate, the seal behind my secondary has started to ever so slightly weep oil and we can smell gear oil under high loads/heat. Belt has started to slip slightly as well.

It has a warranty but my dealer is notorious for taking 4-6 weeks to get things fixed. If it's an affordable/low impact route to repair I'd rather do it myself.

So what say you. Has anyone done one yet?

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
237 Posts
Its a simple repair, iv done it already. Just pop it out with a screw driver and carefully and evenly push/tap the new one in. The only down side is that the seal alone costs like 50 bucks. Careful when you order the seal because it is very easy to order the wrong one as it is right next to the half shaft seal in the diagram. The one you want is the smaller of the two seals In the diagram. I tried getting you the part number but my phone is a POS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts