Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 570 LE. I've adjusted the rear linkage for the shift cable and still have a rough time shifting it into gear. Does anyone have any ideas.

·
Goin' Deep Aint Cheap
672 Posts
a lot of them do it. mine shifts like a wooden wagon. i have a new cable on the way

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,461 Posts
Stupid questions:
What RPM is your engine idling at? (Should be 1200, +/- 100 rpm)

Have you taken it deep? (as in, has either end of the shift linkage been under water)

When you had the linkage disconnected at the rear, was the shifter easy to move?

Is it easy to shift when the engine is off?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Denver, it is low RPMs when I shift.
It's not been deep.
It seemed to shift easy when disconnected.
I might have to lube the cable. It's really dusty where we ride.

When I adjusted the cable it was about 1/4" to make it go into gear.

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,461 Posts
Another stupid question; are you at full stop when shifting?

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,461 Posts
Has the clutch been making any noise?

Does it want to roll forward in low gear at idle?

Cycle thru the modes on the speedo and check for 1200 rpm at idle in neutral when warmed up...

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,461 Posts
Missed one: Is it easy to shift when the engine is off?

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,461 Posts
Idle is out of spec; the clutch is probably slightly engaged when you are trying to shift. See if you can back the idle down to 1200, should help.

Sixohh, you agree?

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,461 Posts
1200 RPM
From shop manual:
Poor Idle
Symptom: Idle Too High (If greater than 1300 RPM when engine is warm).
•Throttle stop screw set incorrect
•Throttle cable sticking, improperly adjusted, routed incorrectly

Also found:
Check the following items when shifting difficulty is encountered.
•Shift cable adjustment/condition
•PVT alignment (clutch center distance)
•Idle speed (throttle cable routing)
•Transmission lubricant type/quality
•Loose fasteners on sector gear cover
•Worn rod ends, clevis pins, or pivot arm bushings
•Shift selector rail travel
•Worn, broken or damaged internal transmission components
NOTE: To determine if shifting difficulty or problem is caused by an internal transmission problem, isolate the transmission by disconnecting the shift cable end from the transmission bellcrank. Manually select each gear range at the transmission bellcrank, and test ride vehicle. If it functions properly, the problem is outside the transmission.
If transmission problem remains, disassemble transmission and inspect all gear dogs for wear (rounding) or damage. Inspect all bearings, circlips, thrust washers and shafts for wear.

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,461 Posts
If you search here, you can buy the .pdf for $5. Not bootleg, either.

·
Goin' Deep Aint Cheap
672 Posts
my idle is 1250 from the factory. i might bring it down to 1200 just to see if it helps me, but i know my cable is trashed. too much going deep and found a rip in the cable boot.

yeah man 1400 is too high,

i do like my idle a little high tho, more power from stator at idle for the amps.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I know this thread is old but last night I heard some belt squeal and smelled some burning rubber after a steep decline down a hill. now when my 570 is running its extremely hard to shift, almost impossible to get in neutral because it wants to skip over it from reverse to forward. it shifts fine not running and im wondering if the belt could be trashed or maybe the high idle topic you guys mentioned. Ill check the belt but can I adjust the idle or is that a dealer/computer thing??? thanks

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.